Patil calls for concerted global combatting of terrorismSeptember 7th, 2009 - 6:06 pm ICT by ANI
Dushanbe (Tajikistan), Sep.7 (ANI): Expressing her happiness over the regular meetings of the India-Tajikistan Joint Commission, visiting Indian President Pratibha Devisingh Patil on Monday emphasised the need for both countries and the rest of the international community to make a concerted effort to cooperate and combat the menace of terrorism.
During her talks with the Tajik leadership, President Patil mentioned the Mumbai attack and said that the menace of terrorism needed to be countered to ensure peace and prosperity in the region.
Officials accompanyng the delegation said that India had also raised the issue of the dossiers of evidence given to Pakistan to nab the masterminds behind the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack.
They said that Pakistan should dismantle all its terrorism infrastructure.
President Patil said that meetings of the Joint Commission should be held regularly to enhance bilateral trade and economic coperation between the two countries. She said bilateral trade between both countries is at present 25 million dollars which was not reflective of the actual potential. Both sides also discussed the energy scenario and emphasised the need of enhancing bilateral cooperation in this sector.
The capacity range for hydroelectricty power for Tajikistan is something between 40,000 to 80,000 MW.And in this field , India is willing to extend all possible cooperation.The official said there was a ” sympathetic understanding ” of each other problems at the delegation level meeting. It was also decided to intensify person to person contacts and to strengthen the historical, cultural and traditional relationship between the two countries. (ANI)
- India, Tajikistan to combat terror, cooperate on Afghanistan (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- India, Tajikistan should jointly combat terror, boost ties: President - Sep 03, 2012
- India courts Tajikistan to swing Afghan endgame - Aug 31, 2012
- President Patil lauds Tajikistan's support in fight against terrorism - Sep 07, 2009
- Krishna heads to Tajikistan to boost Central Asian ties - Jul 02, 2012
- Clinton's visit a big event for Tajikistan - Oct 23, 2011
- Zardari, Karzai review bilateral ties - Sep 02, 2011
- India, Tajikistan upgrade ties, sign four pacts - Sep 03, 2012
- President Patil to leave for Russia, Tajikistan on Wednesday - Sep 01, 2009
- President Patil to leave for Russia today - Sep 02, 2009
- Zardari to visit China - Aug 26, 2011
- Zardari returns after China visit - Sep 03, 2011
- Indian Army chief talks defence relations with Uzbekistan - Nov 19, 2011
- CIS leaders call for free trade deal, peaceful end to conflicts - Sep 03, 2011
- Myanmar, India vow to ensure border stability - Jan 20, 2012
Tags: bilateral cooperation, bilateral trade, concerted effort, coperation, delegation, emphasised, happiness, indian president, infrastructure, leadership, masterminds, million dollars, mw, pakistan, person to person, pratibha devisingh patil, prosperity, terror attack, terrorism, traditional relationship