Patient takes revenge on hospital for ‘ruined’ sexMay 14th, 2012 - 7:21 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 14 (IANS) A woman at a Chinese hospital assaulted a nurse after suspecting that an operation she had undergone 16 years ago there affected her sex life.
The incident occurred in China’s Jiangsu province, adding to the long list of attacks on medical workers in the country, China Daily reported.
“The hospital explained that the woman had had a caesarean at this hospital 16 years ago. The woman claimed that the operation had affected her sex life,” Nanjing’s Modern Express daily report said citing hospital representatives.
But the hospital’s medical appraisal or examination said the operation had no side effects on her, it added.
According to the daily, the woman patient tried to stab Nanjing Zhongda Hospital nurse Chen Ling in the chest. Though Chen managed to grab hold of the 15-cm knife, she suffered several cuts to her left hand and a scratch on her abdomen.
Around 9 a.m., the woman who, according to reports, in her 50s, entered the emergency room, saying that she was looking for a doctor in the mental health department. Chen recognised the woman as someone she had seen earlier searching for the same doctor.
Chen offered to take her to the outpatient service. But the woman suddenly took a knife from her bag and attacked the nurse. Several doctors subdued the woman and finally handed her to police.
Chen said she had no idea why the woman tried to stab her because neither she knew the woman nor had the woman been treated in the emergency room.
- Woman gets life's rudest shock after 200 surgeries - Mar 10, 2012
- Teacher suspended for making students slap each other - Dec 19, 2011
- Chinese man with migraines shocked to find he had knife in his brain for 4-yrs - Feb 17, 2011
- Man kills girlfriend by stabbing over 30 times - Sep 29, 2011
- Colombian girl world's youngest mother? - Apr 05, 2012
- 'Dead' woman comes alive in China - Aug 03, 2012
- Baby dies as doctor delays 'unlucky' birth date - Sep 16, 2011
- 44 school kids stabbed in China in 2 days (Second Lead) - Apr 29, 2010
- Li Fu of China had a knife stuck in his brain for 4 years - Feb 18, 2011
- Woman doctor stabbed in Beijing - Apr 13, 2012
- Woman attacks taxi driver for declining sex - Aug 28, 2012
- Women delivers baby near lift in Noida hospital - Nov 17, 2011
- Woman dies as nurses perform operation - Oct 23, 2010
- Man beheads wife after she gives birth to son - May 04, 2011
- Chinese patient stabs doctor 17 times - Sep 19, 2011
Tags: 50s, abdomen, beijing, chen ling, china daily, chinese hospital, country china, emergency room, hospital nurse, hospital representatives, jiangsu province, left hand, medical workers, mental health department, outpatient service, revenge, scratch, sex life, stab, woman patient