Passengers injured as trains collide in BelgiumFebruary 15th, 2010 - 3:37 pm ICT by IANS
Brussels, Feb 15 (DPA) Two passenger trains collided Monday in the Belgian town of Halle, south of Brussels, leaving several people seriously injured and more trapped in the coaches, police reported.
The two trains ran into one another head-on approximately one kilometre from Halle station, police in the town told DPA. Several people were “heavily injured”, but there was as yet no confirmation of how many.
The accident happened during the morning rush hour and after overnight snowfall.
- 20 killed as trains collide in Belgium (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2010
- 12 killed in Belgium train collision (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2010
- 20 killed in Belgium as trains collide: reports (Lead) - Feb 15, 2010
- Six killed as trains collide in Poland (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- 18 killed in Belgium train collision (Fourth lead) - Feb 15, 2010
- 33 killed in Indonesia train collision (Lead) - Oct 02, 2010
- Six killed in Poland train collision - Mar 04, 2012
- Indonesia: 14 dead, 40 injured in West Java bus accident - Feb 11, 2012
- 20 killed in train collision in Madhya Pradesh (Night Lead) - Sep 20, 2010
- Scores injured after trains collide head-on near Johannesburg - Sep 10, 2010
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- Four burnt alive as trucks collide in Haryana - Jul 28, 2011
- Report: 20 dead in Belgium train crash - Feb 15, 2010
- Six dead in Argentina metro, bus collision - Sep 13, 2011
- Bus accident in northern Pakistan kills 6, injures 23 - Jan 17, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , ,