Passenger flight in US diverted after terror threatApril 29th, 2010 - 6:59 am ICT by IANS
Washington, April 29 (IANS) A flight carrying 45 passengers from Houston to Washington was diverted Wednesday after a message threatening a terror attack was found in the plane’s washroom, officials said.
“A threatening message was written on a lavatory mirror on board Continental Airlines flight 3006 from Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH) to Washington Dulles Airport (IAD),” the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) said in a statement.
The flight was then diverted to Piedmont Triad International Airport near Greensboro “out of an abundance of caution,” and safely landed at 10:43 a.m, the TSA said.
The jet Embraer-145 with three crew members taxied to a remote location where all passengers were safely deboarded. The local law enforcement officials were questioning the passengers, Xinhua reported quoting a statement from Continental Airlines.
The incident occures a day after a Delta Airlines flight from French capital Paris to US city of Atlanta was diverted to an airport in Maine after a former Air Force member claimed having fake passport and explosives in his luggage.
- Continental flight from Houston diverted to North Carolina following bomb threat - Apr 28, 2010
- New Bomb Scares On American Flights: Delta & Continental - Apr 28, 2010
- Tropical Storm Hermine affects Texas flights - Sep 08, 2010
- Bomb scare on US airliner - Aug 21, 2012
- 12 hurt as US flight hits turbulence - Apr 05, 2012
- Flight carrying Kiran Bedi develops snag, diverted - Nov 13, 2011
- Continental Airline says that sick pilots resulted in flight cancellations - Jul 27, 2011
- Delta flight from Paris diverted to Maine following security incident - Apr 28, 2010
- Massive emergency response in D.C. for plane in distress - Feb 28, 2011
- Authorities investigate 'security concern' aboard US Airways aircraft - Oct 08, 2010
- Spicejet flight makes precautionary landing - Apr 13, 2012
- Two Muslim clerics taken off US flight - May 08, 2011
- US flight makes emergency landing due to unruly passenger - Oct 19, 2011
- Plane diverted after passenger found smoking - Aug 06, 2010
- FAA proposes $325,000 civil penalty against Continental Airlines for flying aircraft with possible problems - May 14, 2010
Tags: abundance of caution, air force member, airport iad, continental airlines, continental airlines flight, delta airlines, delta airlines flight, dulles airport, fake passport, french capital, houston intercontinental airport, houston intercontinental airport iah, intercontinental airport iah, lavatory mirror, law enforcement officials, passenger flight, piedmont triad international, piedmont triad international airport, transportation security administration, washington dulles airport