Passenger attacks pilot over delayed flightAugust 15th, 2012 - 8:15 am ICT by IANS
Rome, Aug 15 (IANS/AKI) An Italian passenger at Rome’s Leonardo da Vinci airport reportedly punched the pilot of his plane to Greece after the flight was delayed for more than five hours.
The unnamed pilot of the Blue Panorama chartered flight to Karpathos, a Greek island, reported the man to police, the Corriere della Sera newspaper reported.
After the 139 passengers on board the plane at the airport were informed for the umpteenth time of a delay and asked to disembark, the 52-year-old man together with three others refused and started insulting the pilot.
A row broke out when the man violently pushed the pilot with his baggage. The pilot suffered a fractured wrist.
- Spielberg fined in Italy - Jul 26, 2011
- Spanish model caught hiding cocaine in fake breasts - Dec 22, 2011
- Rome airport hosts Leonardo da Vinci exhibit - Oct 11, 2011
- Drug bust at Berlusconi company - Nov 08, 2011
- Fugitive in Berlusconi sex scandal arrested - Apr 16, 2012
- Cash-strapped Italy to free thousands of prisoners - Dec 15, 2011
- Berlusconi's eldest daughter not interested in politics - May 06, 2011
- MotoGP: Simoncelli's body returns to Italy - Oct 26, 2011
- Abducted Italian journalists freed in Libya (Lead) - Aug 25, 2011
- 'Dolce Vita' diva Ekberg appeals for help - Dec 23, 2011
- 95-year-old Italian film director leaps to his death - Dec 01, 2010
- Didn't arm protesters, Berlusconi tells Gaddafi - Feb 24, 2011
- Woman pilot? Won't fly! - Feb 25, 2011
- My father won't quit: Berlusconi's daughter - Oct 07, 2011
- Pizza, cappuccino prices in Italy doubled with euro - Dec 30, 2011