Paris hostage drama ends peacefullyJuly 10th, 2012 - 8:45 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, July 10 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A gunman Tuesday broke into a kindergarten hosting a summer camp near Paris and took hostages, including four children, all of whom were released a few hours later.
The incident occurred around 7 a.m. in Vitry-sur-Seine village in the southeastern suburbs of Paris.
The siege ended around 11.30 a.m., after a parent of one of the children, who was also among the hostages, persuaded the gunmen to release them.
The attacker was arrested by police. No one was reported hurt.
- Man vandalises Siberian nursery school - Apr 09, 2012
- Child among three killed in Russian plane crash - Jul 22, 2012
- Five killed in Ukraine plane crash - Jun 10, 2012
- 63 kids fall ill after eating lunch in Ukraine - Sep 12, 2010
- Russian lower house bans internet alcohol ads - Jul 07, 2012
- French troops to stay in Afghanistan after 2014 - Jan 01, 2012
- Two Russian women killed by hurricane - Jan 28, 2012
- Syrian opposition elects new leader - Jun 10, 2012
- Muslim cleric shot dead in Russia - Jun 14, 2011
- Cop, two militants killed in Russia - Mar 18, 2012
- Russian lawmaker held for $1.3 mn scam - Apr 29, 2012
- Venezuelan inmates hold 700 jail visitors hostage - Jan 08, 2012
- France launches manhunt for killer - Mar 20, 2012
- WikiLeaks releases 2.4 mn e-mails on Syria - Jul 05, 2012
- 11 militants killed on Georgia-Russia border - Aug 30, 2012