Panic-stricken Mubarak’s family flees EgyptJanuary 31st, 2011 - 6:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 31 (ANI): In the wake of the current unrest in the country, the panic-stricken family of President Hosni Mubarak has reportedly fled Egypt for the luxurious refuge of their 8.5 million pound London townhouse.
According to reports circulating in Britain’s Egyptian community, President Mubarak, 82, and wife Suzanne, 69, are planning to head to their London townhouse.
Egyptian baggage handlers at Heathrow are even said to have already spotted the First Lady arriving at the airport.
Mubarak’s son Gamal, 47, has already arrived in Britain on a private jet with his own family and 97 pieces of luggage.
He owns the six-floor Georgian mansion a stone’s throw from Harrods in Knightsbridge, West London, The Sun reports.
Mubarak is said to have amassed a 25 billion pound fortune for his family since grabbing power in 1981.
Suzanne, Gamal and older son Alaa, 49, have become symbols of excess and corruption in Egypt.
The fashion-loving First Lady holds a British passport because her mother Lily May Palmer was a Brit - whose dad was a miner who went on to manage a colliery in Pontypridd, The Sun reports.
Lily was working as a nurse when she met and married Egyptian medical student Saleh Thabet in North London in 1934. (ANI)
- Mubarak's family moves to secret address in London - Feb 17, 2011
- Mubarak still in Sharm El-Sheikh: Egyptian official - Mar 03, 2011
- Mubarak's wife attempted suicide over corruption charges - Feb 08, 2012
- Mubarak's wife pens book on grandson - May 19, 2011
- Mubarak's wife signs off assets, to be released on bail(Lead) - May 17, 2011
- Former first lady Suzanne Mubarak detained for 15 days in Egypt - May 14, 2011
- Mubarak's wife hands over property to state - May 17, 2011
- Egypt's general prosecutor mulls shifting Mubarak to jail - Apr 21, 2011
- Egypt's ruling military council not considering amnesty for Mubarak - May 19, 2011
- Spain to hand over Mubarak confidant - Oct 11, 2011
- Mubarak hospitalised during questioning: state TV (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Hosni Mubarak's health is deteriorating - Jun 06, 2012
- Mubarak's daughters-in-law banned from leaving Egypt - Jun 17, 2011
- Mubarak's wife in ICU after heart attack (Lead, changing dateline) - May 14, 2011
- Egypt court grants bail to 14 accused of killing protesters - Jul 05, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,