Palin’s former staff asks for delay of over 25,000 emails for 15th timeDecember 29th, 2010 - 1:34 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 29 (ANI): Sarah Palin’s former staff has reportedly asked the state’s Attorney General to postpone release of over 25,000 emails during her tenure as the Governor of Alaska.
According to the Daily Mail, the request was made by a number of news organizations, including NBC News, MSNBC.com, The Associated Press, Mother Jones, Pro Publica and the Juneau Empire, in 2008 after Senator John McCain picked her as his vice-presidential candidate.
State regulations allow the attorney general to approve a delay if information released in public records would hurt the office of the Governor, and three different attorneys general have received requests from the office to delay the release of the emails since Palin was in office.
This time, the governor’s office has asked for a delay until May 30, 2011, the paper said.
However, the Governor’s office has said it would eventually release around 25,700 emails, including everything sent to or from the government and private email accounts of Palin and her husband Todd, over 50 key state employees, aids and advisers.
The governor’s office said it plans to withhold some of the emails, citing exceptions allowed in public record law.
Palin ran into trouble in 2008 for conducting state business using her personal email account, and contents of emails from her personal Yahoo account were posted online by a hacker at that time.
Last June, the state did release to MSNBC.com and NBC News nearly 3,000 pages of emails between Todd Palin and state officials. Those emails showed Palin’s extensive reach into his wife’s administration, including his role in judicial appointments, union negotiations, state appointments and other official business, and also raised some questions about potential conflicts of interests with his oil company employer. (ANI)
- Palin's hubby had run of Alaska politics, government when she was governor - Feb 06, 2010
- Palin used Alaska ethics scandal to achieve political stardom - Oct 24, 2010
- Sarah Palin's hubby 'in sex scandal with massage therapist' - Jan 21, 2011
- Sarah Palin offered $1 mn for lie detector test - Sep 25, 2011
- Todd And Sarah Palin Make News Yet Again - Feb 07, 2010
- Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop arrested - Jan 10, 2012
- Sarah Palin's e-mail hacker sentenced to 1 year and 1 day in prison - Nov 13, 2010
- Todd Palin Busted For Infidelity Again? - Jan 22, 2011
- Sarah Palin e-mail hacker gets one year in jail - Nov 13, 2010
- Sarah Palin accused of being a 'paranoid' woman - Feb 23, 2011
- Wikileaks sympathizers behind website, credit card info cyber attack: Palin - Dec 09, 2010
- Latest trend: Mother-daughter 'cosmetic surgery duets' - May 09, 2010
- Sarah and Todd Palin laugh off divorce rumours - Nov 11, 2010
- Sarah Palin gets restraining order against her stalker - Apr 15, 2011
- Sarah Palin still can't name any influential journalists working today? - May 04, 2011
Tags: associated press, candidate state, daily mail, governor of alaska, john mccain, judicial appointments, juneau empire, mother jones, msnbc, nbc news, office of the governor, personal yahoo, sarah palin, senator john mccain, state business, state employees, time washington, todd palin, union negotiations, yahoo account