Palin’s favorability ratings drop to new low: PollMarch 17th, 2011 - 1:35 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 17(ANI): A new poll has found that former US Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin’s favorability ratings among Republicans and Republican-leaning independents have dropped to a new low.
According to the ABC News/Washington Post poll, 58 percent of those voters still view her favorably - not exactly shabby, by most standards.
However, compared with the 88 percent favorable rating she enjoyed right after John McCain picked her as his running mate in 2008 - and even the 70 percent positive rating she enjoyed as recently as October - Palin is definitely on a downward slide.
Even more troubling for Palin, especially if she harbors presidential ambitions, is that her negative ratings among Republicans are higher than those for other possible GOP presidential contenders, the Christian Science Monitor reports.
Thirty-seven percent of Republicans and Republican-leaners see Palin unfavorably, the survey said.
It exceeds former House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s unfavorable ratings by 11 percentage points, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney’s by 16 points, and former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee’s by 19 points. (ANI)
- Romney GOP's only New Hampshire hope: Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Poll shows ex-Arkansas Governor Huckabee a hit with southern voters - Mar 02, 2011
- Palin most unfavorable among Obama's potential 2012 Republican challengers: Poll - Jun 12, 2010
- Obama most popular candidate for 2012 election: Survey - Mar 24, 2011
- Over half of Americans think Obama will lose 2012 presidential re-election bid - Feb 09, 2011
- Mitt Romney slightly ahead of potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates: Poll - Jan 25, 2011
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Mike Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals, finds poll - Jan 13, 2011
- Obama leads over four potential 2012 GOP contenders: Poll - Jan 21, 2011
- Trump takes lead in GOP primary race, beats other Republicans: Poll - Apr 17, 2011
- Most Americans can't name single GOP candidate: Poll - Apr 21, 2011
- Tea Party supporters name Mitt Romney top choice for 2012 Presidential polls - Mar 27, 2011
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- Ex-Massachusetts Governor Romney's Nevada edge getting smaller - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: abc news, arkansas governor mike huckabee, christian science monitor, former arkansas governor mike huckabee, former house speaker newt gingrich, governor mike huckabee, governor mitt romney, house speaker newt gingrich, john mccain, massachusetts governor, mike huckabee, mitt romney, newt gingrich, presidential ambitions, presidential contenders, running mate, sarah palin, speaker newt gingrich, unfavorable ratings, washington post poll