Palin video ad warns of ‘Mama Grizzlies’ hitting Washington soonJuly 9th, 2010 - 12:28 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, July 9 (ANI): Former Alaska Governor and Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin has sent out a YouTube video warning to the corridors of power in Washington that her “Mama Grizzlies” are going to hit town sooner than later.
According to ABC, Palin coined the term “mama grizzly” for the female Republican candidates that she has endorsed.
But the new ad, sent out through her political action committee, focuses less on the candidates, more on female voters, and could pass of as a 2012 campaign ad for Palin herself.
“This year will be remembered as a year common-sense conservative women get things done for our country,” Palin says at the start of the ad, as an image of her at the podium emerges, to the background of applause.
Throughout the ad, the former GOP vice presidential candidate is shown working the rope line, meeting and greeting women of various ages and stumping for 2010 candidates.
In the background, Palin says U.S. women are concerned about their children’s futures and unhappy with the country’s “fundamental transformation.”
“It seems like it’s kind of a mom awakening in the last year and a half, where women are rising up and saying, ‘No, we’ve had enough already,’ because moms kind of just know when something’s wrong,” Palin says in the 1-minute, 50-second video.
“There in Alaska, I always think of the mama grizzly bears that rise up on their hind legs when somebody’s coming to attack their cubs, to do something adverse toward their cubs,” she adds.
She further says: “You thought pitbulls were tough, you don’t want to mess with the mama grizzlies.”
The mother of five has been mum on her political ambitions, but she is undoubtedly inclined not to shun the spotlight.
Her second book is slated for release in the fall, she is working on a docu-drama on her home state of Alaska, and frequently makes appearances on Fox News as a commentator.
Palin’s endorsements and her PAC’s work also help keep her in the spotlight, and the ad will only boost her visibility in the mainstream, analysts say. (ANI)
- Sarah Palin's reality show to debut next Sunday - Nov 13, 2010
- Palin attacked by "Mama Grizzlies" - Aug 18, 2010
- Sarah Palin talks about 'mama bear' love on new show - Oct 20, 2010
- Palin hopes women GoP's or 'mama-grizzlies' will help her win November polls - May 15, 2010
- I'm not so hoity-toity, says Sarah Palin while defending TLC show - Dec 18, 2010
- Sarah Palin encounters brown bear on fishing trip - Jul 29, 2010
- Palin's reality show breaks TLC history after drawing nearly 5m viewers - Nov 16, 2010
- Palin's daughter uses homophobic slurs to attack mum's critic - Nov 17, 2010
- Arnie subjects Palin to 'Russian torture' via Twitter - Sep 11, 2010
- 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' won't be renewed for 2nd season after finale - Jan 09, 2011
- Sarah Palin not to run for president - Oct 06, 2011
- Sarah Palin to address annual conclave Saturday - Mar 17, 2011
- US Democrat Geraldine passes away, aged 75 - Mar 27, 2011
- Mama bear Palin accused of breaching countryside rules in TV nature show - Nov 14, 2010
- Sarah Palin tweets quick tribute to mama grizzly bears - Jul 17, 2009
Tags: alaska governor, applause, commentator, conservative women, corridors of power, cubs, docu drama, fox news, fundamental transformation, grizzlies, grizzly bears, hind legs, political action committee, political ambitions, presidential candidate, republican candidates, rope line, sarah palin, state of alaska, youtube video