Palin urges GOP to ‘fight like girls’April 17th, 2011 - 2:06 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 17 (ANI): Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has criticized the Republican leaders over the budget deal, and challenged them to “fight like girls”.
The American politician criticized congressional Republicans for not cutting government spending deeper and faster. She made the comments at a Tea Party Tax Day rally in Madison, Wisconsin.
“We didn’t elect you just to rearrange the deck chairs on a sinking Titanic. What we need from you, GOP, is to fight.” the Politico quoted Palin, as saying.
Pointing to the national champion University of Wisconsin women’s hockey team, Palin said the GOP could learn from its resolve and “needs to learn how to fight like a girl.”
Palin took issue with the GOP leadership for promising 100 billion dollars in cuts from the current budget, trimming that pledge to 60 billion dollars and finally settling for 38 billion dollars in the recent budget battle.
“Then after some politics as usual and accounting gimmicks we found out its not even 38 billion dollars? We’re actually borrowing that 38 billion dollars. That is not courage, that is capitulation,” said Palin.
She also painted President Barack Obama as unserious about cutting government spending.
“Our president isn’t leading, he’s punting on this debt crisis,” Palin said. (ANI)
- Attention-savvy Sarah Palin keeps stirring presidential run speculations - Apr 19, 2011
- Palin declines Tea Party offer to replace Steele as RNC chairman - Dec 07, 2010
- Department of Homeland Security - efficient bureaucratic behemoth or costly edifice - Mar 02, 2011
- Minnesota's Bachmann posing a challenge to Palin, other GOP leaders - Jan 27, 2011
- Obama's budget 'a good starting point for a discussion' with Republicans: NYT editorial - Feb 16, 2011
- State of the Union: Republicans say Obama not doing enough to reduce deficits - Jan 26, 2011
- Obama's budget goes to the Congress - Feb 14, 2012
- 'Regan-heir' Palin speaks on her electability as US president in 2012 - Oct 11, 2010
- Palin is a 'half-baked Alaskan', says Florida lawmaker - Oct 02, 2010
- 'Obama is one of the greatest politician', says Mississippi Governor - Feb 28, 2011
- Eric Cantor Launches You Cut, Democrats Scoff - May 13, 2010
- Rivals outpace Palin on fund-raising front - Apr 14, 2010
- Biden compares GOP Economic Strategy to ' blaming rape victims' for being raped - Mar 20, 2011
- Palin launches website to interact with supporters ahead of 2012 presidential polls - Apr 19, 2011
- Financial aid to Pak must be stalled until its stance on 'war on terror' clear: US Senator - May 03, 2011
Tags: alaska governor sarah palin, american politician, barack obama, billion dollars, budget battle, budget deal, capitulation, congressional republicans, debt crisis, deck chairs, gimmicks, gop leadership, governor sarah palin, hockey team, madison wisconsin, national champion, republican leaders, sarah palin, tea party, wisconsin women