Palin slams “lamestream media” for misinterpreting confrontation with teacherAugust 11th, 2010 - 6:37 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Aug 11 (ANI): Former Governor of Alaska Sarah Palin has slammed “lamestream media” for its coverage of her confrontation with an Alaska school teacher, holding a massive sign reading “Worst Governor Ever,” over the weekend.
Palin claimed that the media is now trying to turn her ‘eyebrow movements into story lines’ by associating her reaction with the lady’s designation.
According to The Politico, in the video, the teacher named Kathleen Gustafson has been shown criticizing Palin’s decision to resign as Governor of Alaska midway through her term.
Palin responded that her new position allows her to “elect candidates who understand the Constitution and would protect our military interests” on the national level.
However, the media allegedly focussed on Palin’s reaction, rolled her eyes, when Gustafson told her that she is a teacher.
“The lamestream media has now decided to use this brief encounter for another one of their spin operations. They claim I - wait for it - ‘appear to roll my eyes’ when the lady tells me she’s a teacher. Yes, it’s come to this: The media is now trying to turn my eyebrow movements into story lines,” she wrote in facebook.
“If they had checked their facts first, they would have known that I come from a family of teachers; my grandparents were teachers. Given that family history, how likely is it that I would ‘roll my eyes’ at someone telling me that they, too, work in that honorable profession? Stay classy, LSM,” she added. (ANI)
- Taking cue from mom Sarah Palin, Bristol hits public speaking circuit - Oct 03, 2010
- Former Alaska Governor Palin believes she can beat President Obama in 2012 - Nov 18, 2010
- Sarah Palin's breastfeeding joke backfires - Feb 19, 2011
- Sarah Palin mocks Michelle Obama's anti-obesity drive - Dec 21, 2010
- Barbara Bush Feels Palin Should Stay in Alaska - Nov 23, 2010
- Nobody's more qualified for White House multitasking than "a woman, a mom": Palin - Feb 18, 2011
- Palin's parting kick to CBS News' Katie Couric - Apr 27, 2011
- Mike Huckabee defends Michelle Obama in food fight with Sarah Palin - Dec 23, 2010
- Ex-aide attacks Sarah Palin in new book - Feb 20, 2011
- Attention-savvy Sarah Palin keeps stirring presidential run speculations - Apr 19, 2011
- Sarah Palin smacks "lamestream media" - Nov 19, 2009
- Shakespalin: Sarah Palin Creates New Word, Tweeters Create New Hashtag - Jul 21, 2010
- Now, Palin says "cleaning up sloppiness of reporters could be a full time job" - Mar 31, 2011
- Sarah Palin mocks Michelle Obama's breastfeeding initiative - Feb 18, 2011
- Sarah Palin Mocks First Lady Michelle Obama's "Let's Move" Campaign Over S'mores - Dec 21, 2010
Tags: alaska school, brief encounter, confrontation, constitution, designation, eyebrow, facebook, family history, governor of alaska, grandparents, gustafson, honorable profession, midway, military interests, new position, sarah palin, school teacher