Palin is a ‘half-baked Alaskan’, says Florida lawmakerOctober 2nd, 2010 - 5:33 pm ICT by ANI
Florida (US), Oct. 2 (ANI): Florida Representative Alan Grayson has described former Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin as a “half-baked Alaskan”.
In a rambling, pop-culture-laden new fundraising appeal out Thursday morning, Grayson slammed Palin over her new endorsement of his GOP foe, Daniel Webster on her Twitter account. “What is it about Sarah Palin and Twitter?” Grayson writes. “Is Palin fond of tweeting because she can draft a tweet on her palm? Is it that 140 characters represents the maximum length of Sarah Palin’s attention span?”
Grayson also claims that Palin is targeting him “like she was shooting a moose from a helicopter,” and manages to work in references to William Shatner and Conan O’Brien.
Grayson’s appeal is the latest in a string of provocative campaign pleas targeting Webster, his GOP opponent, as well as national Republicans.
The freshman Democrat targets everyone from Palin to Fox News to former Vice President Dick Cheney on his campaign website.
Palin announced her support for Webster on her Twitter page late Wednesday, and excoriated Grayson for his controversial ad depicting Webster as anti-women and calling him “Taliban Dan Webster.”
The ad has been widely criticized for its use of deceptive editing, making Webster appear to suggest wives should submit to their husbands.
Webster campaign manager Brian Graham called Grayson’s appeal “immature,” but declined to comment further.
According to Politico, Grayson has raised a mammoth 3.7 million dollars so far this cycle, while Webster has taken in over 313,000 dollars. (ANI)
- Just 33pc Alaskans have positive opinion of Sarah Palin: Poll - Dec 30, 2010
- Palin used Alaska ethics scandal to achieve political stardom - Oct 24, 2010
- Rivals outpace Palin on fund-raising front - Apr 14, 2010
- Oprah's Comments To 'Parade' Construed As U.S. Is Too Smart To Be Seduced By Sarah Palin's Presidency - Dec 24, 2010
- Yahoo fires journalist after Romney joke - Aug 31, 2012
- Palin yet to begin 2012 presidential run - Jan 27, 2011
- Palin rakes in $1m for campaigning over past 3 months - Jul 13, 2010
- Attention-savvy Sarah Palin keeps stirring presidential run speculations - Apr 19, 2011
- Sarah Palin Removes Her Crosshairs Styled 'Target Map' Following Arizona Shooting - Jan 10, 2011
- Ex-colleague says Palin should be allowed to reveal her multiple flaws - Dec 20, 2010
- No takers for Sarah Palin in Republican gubernatorial race - Oct 10, 2009
- Sarah Palin Tweets To Rahm Emanual, 'U Lie' - Jun 22, 2010
- Palin's favorability ratings drop to new low: Poll - Mar 17, 2011
- Sarah Palin wants some answers on why Obama contacted Sandra Fluke's parents - Mar 08, 2012
- Tracy Morgan slammed for over-sexed remarks about Michelle Obama - Apr 21, 2011
Tags: alan grayson, attention span, campaign website, conan o brien, daniel webster, dick cheney, florida representative, former vice president, fox news, freshman democrat, fundraising appeal, gop opponent, half baked, national republicans, nominee sarah, president dick cheney, sarah palin, twitter, vice president dick cheney, william shatner