Palin in TIME list of influential people a joke, says ex-GovernorMay 4th, 2009 - 5:28 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 4 (ANI): Former Massachusetts Governor and GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney has jokingly dismissed Sarah Palin’s inclusion on TIME’s list of influential people.
Romney, who was appearing on CNN’s “State of the Union,” was replying to a question from moderator John King on whether TIME’s inclusion of Palin and talk show host Rush Limbaugh on their list of “The World’s Most Influential People” was good or bad for the Republican Party, said was “the issue on the most beautiful people or the most influential people?”
“I think there are 100 influential Republicans alone who have tremendous ideas and I hope that we can all work together to accomplish what we believe is best for America,” Palin countered through a spokeswoman.
Romney, who was appearing with House Minority Whip Eric Cantor as part of a party re-launch the two are organizing with other prominent Republicans under the banner of the National Council for a New America, was laughing and smiling as he said it.
But Romney’s quip reflects the deep unease among many in the GOP establishment. (ANI)
- Lech Walesa wishes success to Mitt Romney - Jul 31, 2012
- Most Americans can't name single GOP candidate: Poll - Apr 21, 2011
- Over half of Americans think Obama will lose 2012 presidential re-election bid - Feb 09, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Mike Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals, finds poll - Jan 13, 2011
- Palin's favorability ratings drop to new low: Poll - Mar 17, 2011
- Ann Coulter opens up on Piers Morgan show - Jun 08, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- Romney sweeps five states, readies to battle Obama - Apr 25, 2012
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South - Mar 13, 2012
- Obama slightly ahead of Romney in poll of polls - Jul 06, 2012
- Sarah Palin To Miss CPAC This Year Too - Feb 04, 2011
- Mitt Romney is backed by Kelly Ayotte - Nov 23, 2011
- Obama bit behind Romney, but way ahead of Palin in 2012 prez run: Poll - Nov 23, 2010
- Palin would be a 'great' President: Romney - Feb 03, 2011
Tags: beautiful people, cnn, eric cantor, gop, house minority whip, inclusion, john king, massachusetts governor, mitt romney, new america, presidential candidate, quip, republican party, republicans, rush limbaugh, sarah palin, spokeswoman, state of the union, talk show host, unease