Palin gets no vote in recent GOP straw pollFebruary 23rd, 2011 - 3:07 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb.23 (ANI): Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has not received a single vote in a recent Republican presidential straw poll conducted in Minnesota’s Beltrami County.
Her performance was said to be weaker than American real estate mogul Donald Trump, who got two votes from the 46 delegates voting in the poll, Politico reports.
Two former governors Mike Huckabee and Tim Pawlenty were declared winners of the poll with nine votes each.
Newcomer Michele Bachmann and New Jersey Governor Chris Christie got four votes each. Former House of Representative speaker Newt Gingrich and former Massachusetts’s Governor Mitt Romney bagged three votes each.
The group also held a straw poll for the 2012 US Senate race in which Amy Klobuchar is seeking re-election. In that poll, Bachmann finished first with 10 votes, according to Bemidji Pioneer report. (ANI)
- Trump in second place as GOP candidate: NBC Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Former Pennsylvania Senator wins South Carolina straw poll - Apr 10, 2011
- Trump takes lead in GOP primary race, beats other Republicans: Poll - Apr 17, 2011
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Mitt Romney slightly ahead of potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates: Poll - Jan 25, 2011
- Ex-Massachusetts Governor Romney's Nevada edge getting smaller - Apr 29, 2011
- Romney, Palin clear leaders for 2012 GOP presidential primary - Oct 01, 2010
- Christie, Huckabee and Romney run close with Obama for 2012 poll - Apr 01, 2011
- Obama most popular candidate for 2012 election: Survey - Mar 24, 2011
- New Hampshire voters prefer Romney over Obama: Poll - Apr 23, 2011
- Most Americans can't name single GOP candidate: Poll - Apr 21, 2011
- Republican presidential candidates spar over everything - Sep 08, 2011
- Romney GOP's only New Hampshire hope: Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Obama leads all potential 2012 Republican challengers: Poll - Jun 12, 2010
- Tea Party supporters name Mitt Romney top choice for 2012 Presidential polls - Mar 27, 2011
Tags: alaska governor sarah palin, amy klobuchar, beltrami county, christie, donald trump, gop straw poll, governor mitt romney, governor sarah palin, jersey governor, michele bachmann, mike huckabee, mitt romney, newcomer, newt gingrich, presidential straw poll, real estate mogul, sarah palin, speaker newt gingrich, tim pawlenty, us senate race