Palin declines Tea Party offer to replace Steele as RNC chairmanDecember 7th, 2010 - 6:03 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec.7 (ANI): A national tea party group wants former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin to replace Michael Steele as the chairman of the Republican National Committee.
Palin, however, has declined the offer.
According to the Christian Science Monitor, Steele, despite overseeing one of the greatest Republican comebacks in history last month, is facing a tough fight to retain his seat amid criticism of inappropriate spending sprees and waning influence of the RNC as a central organization.
In that light, Judson Phillips, the head of the Tea Party Nation group, wrote a letter to Palin and asked her consider taking up Steele’s job to set the national party straight.
According to Phillips’, the GOP needs a Sarah-quake.
So far, Wisconsin GOP chair Reince Priebus, former Michigan party chair Saul Anuzis, and former Missouri chair Ann Wager are vying to unseat Steele, who is by most accounts going to run for another term. (ANI)
- GOP committee battle: Steele to reveal whether he wants top job - Dec 13, 2010
- Republican Party Members Oust Michael Steele, Elect Reince Priebus As The New Chairman - Jan 15, 2011
- Palin to GOP: Dig deep, don't get cocky, win mid-term polls - Oct 24, 2010
- Palin urges GOP to 'fight like girls' - Apr 17, 2011
- Trump's desire to be President surprises many in US - Apr 09, 2011
- Bachmann emerges as face of Tea Party, Palin's star waning - Jan 27, 2011
- Biden compares GOP Economic Strategy to ' blaming rape victims' for being raped - Mar 20, 2011
- Attention-savvy Sarah Palin keeps stirring presidential run speculations - Apr 19, 2011
- Minnesota's Bachmann posing a challenge to Palin, other GOP leaders - Jan 27, 2011
- Sarah Palin not to run for president - Oct 06, 2011
- Palin brand makes its mark in US mid-term elections - Nov 04, 2010
- Sarah Palin Name Trademark Refused - Feb 06, 2011
- Bin-Laden's death a 'wake-up call' for GOP contenders intending to defeat Obama - May 04, 2011
- Rep. Michelle Bachmann opens CPAC (conservative political action conference) - Feb 11, 2011
- Christine O'Donnell Shocks GOP By Her Win - Sep 16, 2010
Tags: alaska governor, central organization, chairman of the republican national committee, christian science monitor, comebacks, gop chair, governor sarah palin, judson, michael steele, michigan party, nation group, national tea, party chair, party group, republican national committee, rnc chairman, sarah palin, saul anuzis, sprees, tea party