Palin calls for stronger Indo- US tiesMarch 20th, 2011 - 4:48 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar.20 (ANI): United States lawmaker Sarah Palin has stressed the importance of Indo- American ties, in a speech she gave on her visit to India, saying they are based on the shared values of freedom and free-market capitalism.
Addressing a crowd of Indian business leaders, professionals and socialites in Delhi, she said that Indo- US relations were “key to the future of our world.”
In an apparent reference to China, she said: “We’re going to need each other, especially as these other regions rise,” CBS News reports.
She questioned China’s military growth, saying that it’s piling up of ballistic missiles, submarines and “new-age, ultramodern aircraft” were not justified since it did not face any threat from other nations.
The ex-Alaska governor’s, visit to India is a rare foreign venture and also includes a stop in Israel, leading people to believe that raising speculations that she wants to polish her foreign policy credentials ahead of a possible 2012 presidential run. (ANI)
- India, US want peaceful rise of China: Palin - Mar 20, 2011
- In India, Palin still nurtures White House ambitions - Mar 20, 2011
- Sarah Palin's Attempt To Pacify Her Critics Backfires With 'Blood Libel' Remark - Jan 13, 2011
- Palin slams Obama for interfering in Israeli 'zoning issue' following terror attack in Jerusalem - Mar 25, 2011
- Sarah Palin coming to India next month - Feb 24, 2011
- Palin hopes women GoP's or 'mama-grizzlies' will help her win November polls - May 15, 2010
- Sarah Palin says Bristol will 'kick her butt' in ratings face-off - Oct 29, 2010
- Now, 'mama grizzly' Palin wants to nail "corrupt bastards" in media - Nov 01, 2010
- Family comes first for 'Mama Grizzly' Sarah Palin - Oct 15, 2010
- Sarah Palin accused of being a 'paranoid' woman - Feb 23, 2011
- N-capable missiles in India's arsenal [To go with India test-fires 5,000 km Agni-V missile, China cautious (Roundup) - Apr 19, 2012
- Sarah Palin Meets Top Network Executives For Her Show - Mar 06, 2010
- 'Bush thinks Palin not fit to be President' - Nov 07, 2010
- Sarah Palin plans March trip to India - Feb 24, 2011
- Levi Johnston set for appearance on Early Show - Oct 24, 2009
Tags: alaska governor, ballistic missiles, business leaders, cbs, cbs news, credentials, crowd, foreign policy, free market capitalism, indian business, indo american, israel, lawmaker, new age, New Delhi, news reports, sarah palin, socialites, speculations, submarines