Palestinians confirm Abbas-Olmert summit meetingMay 31st, 2008 - 5:55 pm ICT by admin
Ramallah (Palestine), May 31 (DPA) The Palestinian authority has confirmed that President Mahmoud Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert will meet in Jerusalem Monday. Saeb Erekat, chief Palestinian negotiator, Friday told reporters in Ramallah that the two leaders will discuss the core issues related to final status negotiations as well as calm in the Gaza strip.
Abbas and Olmert meet regularly to overcome difficulties that surface in the negotiations between the Palestinian and Israeli teams. The last meeting took place three weeks ago.
Earlier this week , Israel proposed to withdraw from 91 percent of the West Bank, excluding east Jerusalem, but the Palestinians quickly rejected this proposal.
- Dozens of Palestinians wounded in clashes with Israeli soldiers - Mar 31, 2012
- Palestine rejects US call to start direct talks - Jul 18, 2010
- Palestine wants UN vote for statehood - Sep 05, 2011
- Gaza violence overshadows Mideast peace talks - Sep 16, 2010
- Palestinians seek political, financial support from Baghdad Arab summit - Mar 26, 2012
- Olmert, Abbas meet in Jerusalem - Nov 17, 2008
- Palestinian negotiators had secretly agreed partial Israel annexation - Jan 24, 2011
- Israel decides to ease Gaza land blockade (Lead) - Jun 17, 2010
- No alternative to peace talks: Abbas (Lead, Changing dateline) - Sep 16, 2010
- Palestine denies reports of reconciliation with Hamas - Jun 19, 2010
- Abbas pledges to continue peace talks with Israel - Jan 23, 2012
- Mideast negotiations difficult, not impossible: US envoy - Apr 24, 2010
- Palestinian negotiators deny Al-Jazeera report on Mideast peace compromise - Jan 24, 2011
- Ehud Barack: 'Death of negotiations only benefits Hamas' - Nov 01, 2009
- Palestinians not optimistic about peace with new Israeli government - May 09, 2012
Tags: abbas olmert, core issues, east jerusalem, ehud olmert, gaza strip, israeli prime minister, israeli prime minister ehud olmert, mahmoud abbas, meeting took place, palestinian authority, palestinian negotiator, palestinians, president mahmoud abbas, prime minister ehud, prime minister ehud olmert, ramallah, ramallah palestine, status negotiations, summit meeting, west bank