Pakistanis knows how to defend their country: AshrafAugust 22nd, 2012 - 12:30 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 22 (IANS) Pakistanis know how defend every inch of their country, said Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf as the nation was battered by a string of terror attacks with the latest assault taking place at a key airforce base.
Rejecting talk of despondency, Ashraf said Tuesday that being a brave and courageous nation, Pakistanis know how to defend every inch of their country and can even sacrifice their lives for this purpose, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
“There is no need of any despondency. No nation is more brave, tolerant, courageous than Pakistanis. Each one from the brave Pakistani nation knows how to defend every inch of their country and sacrifice their lives for this purpose,” Ashraf said while addressing a public meeting in his hometown Gujar Khan in Punjab province.
He said: “No power in the world can frighten us, as we are brave people and know how to defend our soil and its integrity. This is also evident from the past.”
He referred to the terror attack at the airbase in Kamra and paid tribute to the country’s brave soldiers for eliminating the terrorists.
Heavily armed gunmen had stormed the Kamra airbase in Punjab province Thursday. An intense gunfight broke out between the militants and security personnel in Attock, a district that is considered to be one of the areas where Pakistan stores its nuclear arsenal. Nine militants and one soldier were killed.
- Four Kamra airbase attackers identified: Malik - Aug 18, 2012
- Nine die in terror attack at Pakistan's key airbase (Second Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Pakistani panel to probe airbase attack - Aug 17, 2012
- Eight die in terror attack on Pakistani airbase (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Pakistan army faces militancy problem: Daily - Aug 17, 2012
- Mobile services restored in Pakistan (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Kamra airbase attackers were Pakistanis: Malik - Aug 19, 2012
- Nine militants killed in Pakistan air base attack (Third Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Promote tolerance, repulse extremism: Zardari - Aug 20, 2012
- Pakistan restricts phone service for safe Eid - Aug 20, 2012
- New Pakistani PM Ashraf was an agriculturist before entering politics (Profile) - Jun 22, 2012
- Pak Army-funded TV drama to depict heroism of Taliban-fighting soldiers - Jan 17, 2011
- Pak Army-funded TV drama depicts heroism of Taliban-fighting soldiers - Feb 10, 2011
- Militants attack Pakistan air base - Aug 16, 2012
- Pakistan will defend its territory at all costs: Gilani - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: airbase, airforce base, brave soldiers, despondency, gunfight, gunmen, hometown, integrity, islamabad, kamra, militants, nuclear arsenal, pakistani nation, pakistanis, prime minister, security personnel, soil, soldier, terror attack, terror attacks