Pakistanis in US not convinced with Musharraf’s justification for emergencyNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:31 am ICT by admin
“We strongly condemn these illegal steps and issuance of the new Provisional Constitutional Order,” said Asian-American Network Against Abuse of Human Rights, in a statement.
The group, which is dominated by Pakistani-American doctors, urged for holding of free and fair elections in the country.
“With extremism rising in Fata and NWFP, it is important that the military returns to barracks, free and fair elections are held and the mandate of the people is restored,” the Dawn quoted the group, as saying.
Other groups, like the Sindhi Association of North America, also have condemned the suspension of fundamental rights in the country, and termed the emergency as “illegal and unconstitutional”. (ANI)
- Mali's junta announces constitution's restoration - Apr 02, 2012
- A million strong Indian-American voters gain political clout - Mar 11, 2012
- Musharraf should be put on trial for October 1999 coup: Kaira - Nov 04, 2010
- Gilani sacks defence secretary, takes on army (Intro Night Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Condemn NATO attacks, Pakistani minister tells world - Dec 05, 2011
- Won't support any coup, says Imran Khan - Jan 12, 2012
- Nov 3, 2007 turning point for Pakistan's judiciary: Chief Justice - Feb 07, 2011
- Pakistan's dynamic instability: Road to real democracy? (Comment) - Jan 29, 2012
- Kazakhstan to hold early presidential elections - Jan 31, 2011
- Mumbai attacks bared LeT's global ambitions: US report - Aug 06, 2010
- Media should avoid sensationalism, says PM (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Talent young illegal immigrants can stay in US: Obama - Jun 16, 2012
- 'Chaudhary's sacking a mistake, I don't think I committed blunders,' says Musharraf - Sep 19, 2009
- Issue orders to check khap panchayats, SC urged - Jul 16, 2012
- ISI agent held in US for illegal lobbying on Kashmir (Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
Tags: american doctors, asian american network, coup, dawn, elections, extremism, fata, fundamental rights, human rights, international community, issuance, justification, mandate, musharraf, nwfp, resolutions, sindhi association