Pakistani woman fighter pilot hurt in crash (Lead)August 16th, 2011 - 12:34 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 16 (IANS) A woman piloting a fighter aircraft was injured while a villager was killed when her aircraft crashed in Pakistan’s Punjab province, a media report said Tuesday.
The F-7 fighter aircraft crashed in Bhakkar district Monday, killing the villager and injuring two people.
The fighter aicraft took off from Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Base, Mianwali, for a routine training solo flight. But, it developed a technical snag, Dawn reported.
Flying Officer Nida, who bailed out before the plane crashed into a field near Hassanwala village, sustained injuries as her parachute got entangled in a tree.
Three passers-by rushed to the burning wreckage and attempted to douse the flames.
The aircraft blew up, killing Mohammad Tanvir and injuring Abdul Rehman and Mohammad Nasir.
The F-7 is supersonic jet fighter aircraft and it serves as an interceptor fighter.
It has secondary capability for ground attack. The aircraft’s simple controls, engine, weapons, and avionics are typical of Soviet-era military designs. The fighter has a small sized airframe with a rugged and powerful engine.
- Pakistani fighter jet crashes - Aug 16, 2011
- Pakistan gets new fighter planes from US - Feb 07, 2012
- Pilot dies as Pakistani Air Force trainer crashes (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Pakistan gets upgraded F-16s from Turkey - Feb 25, 2012
- Pak to get six more F-16 aircraft from US on Dec 13 - Dec 11, 2010
- Pak to get six more F-16 aircraft from US today - Nov 20, 2010
- Yet another MiG-21 crashes, pilot bails out - Oct 07, 2011
- Malaysia plans to buy 18 more Russian fighter jets - Nov 15, 2011
- IAF's MiG fighter crashes, pilot safe (Second Lead) - Feb 04, 2011
- Pak gets second batch of three F-16 jets from US - Oct 31, 2010
- India to form indigenous Tejas fighter squadron by 2013 (Lead, with Images) - Jan 10, 2011
- Pak to send JF-17 combat jets for Farnborough Air Show in Britain - Jul 17, 2010
- Nine militants killed in Pakistan air base attack (Third Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Five killed in Ukraine plane crash - Jun 10, 2012
- India to do $2 bn deal for Jaguar engines from single vendor - Jun 13, 2011
Tags: airframe, avionics, fighter aicraft, fighter aircraft, fighter pilot, interceptor fighter, jet fighter, mianwali, military designs, nasir, NIDA, paf base, pakistan air force, punjab province, rehman, solo flight, supersonic jet, tanvir, technical snag, villager