Pakistani parliamentary panel endorses India’s MFN statusJanuary 11th, 2012 - 1:45 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Jan 11 (IANS) A Pakistani parliamentary panel has endorsed the government’s decision to grant Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status to India, a leap forward in boosting sub-continental trade ties.
The Kashmir Committee — headed by Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rahman — took the decision here Tuesday after the commerce ministry briefed it, the Daily Times reported Wednesday.
Rahman said the committee was happy that the grant of MFN status would not have any adverse affect on Pakistan’s stand on Kashmir.
Commerce Minister Amin Fahim said at the meeting that giving MFN status to India was a continuation of the agreements which were cancelled due to the 1965 war.
He said that from 1948 to 1965, Pakistan and India treated each other equally in trade relations and no one objected to it until 1965 when the process halted due to war.
- British Kashmiri group opposes MFN status to India - Jan 13, 2012
- JUI-F slams Pak Govt for non-provision of enhanced security to Fazlur Rehman - Apr 01, 2011
- PPP asks JUI-F chief to withdraw from PM race - Jun 22, 2012
- Pakistan opposition names PM candidates - Jun 21, 2012
- JUI-F hints at rejoining Pakistan People's Party government - Dec 27, 2010
- Kashmir issue should be "top priority for Pakistan's foreign policy": JUI-F chief - Nov 27, 2010
- MFN status unlikely during Sharma's Pakistan visit - Feb 13, 2012
- Pakistani leader opposes commission on Osama killing - Jun 13, 2011
- Pakistan will take forward MFN status promise: Sharma - Jan 23, 2012
- India, Pakistan to dismantle trade barriers (Round-up) - Feb 13, 2012
- JUI-F opposes military offensive against Taliban in North Waziristan - Jul 08, 2010
- JUI-F dissatisfied with security provided to Fazlur Rehman - Apr 03, 2011
- Pakistan defers MFN status to India - Feb 14, 2012
- Five in race for Pakistan PM's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- No MFN status yet for India: Pakistani minister - Jan 18, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,