Pakistani panel to probe airbase attackAugust 17th, 2012 - 12:28 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 17 (IANS) The Pakistan Air Force has formed a five-member committee to probe the terror attack at Kamra airbase, a media report said Friday.
Pakistan Air Force chief, Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafiq Butt, formed the five-member committee to look into the terror strike under the chairmanship of Air Marshal Ather Hussain Bukhari, reported Geo News.
A Pakistan Air Force spokesperson said the other four members of the committee are experts in various fields.
Nine militants and a soldier were killed in the brazen attack at Kamra airbase in Punjab province Thursday morning. An intense gunfight broke out between the militants and security personnel in Attock, a district that is considered to be one of the areas where Pakistan stores its nuclear arsenal. The attack took place a year after a terror strike at the Karachi airbase.
- Four Kamra airbase attackers identified: Malik - Aug 18, 2012
- Nine die in terror attack at Pakistan's key airbase (Second Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Mobile services restored in Pakistan (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Pakistanis knows how to defend their country: Ashraf - Aug 22, 2012
- Pakistan army faces militancy problem: Daily - Aug 17, 2012
- Eight die in terror attack on Pakistani airbase (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Kamra airbase attackers were Pakistanis: Malik - Aug 19, 2012
- Nine militants killed in Pakistan air base attack (Third Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Militants attack Pakistan air base - Aug 16, 2012
- Purge extremists within Pakistani military: Daily - Sep 21, 2012
- Pakistan restricts phone service for safe Eid - Aug 20, 2012
- Pakistan takes control of Shamsi airbase as US leaves - Dec 11, 2011
- Pakistan Air Force gets new chief - Mar 19, 2012
- Pakistan Air Force aircraft crashes, pilot killed - Nov 14, 2011
- Taliban attack two mosques in Lahore, over 1000 taken hostage - May 28, 2010
Tags: air chief marshal, air force chief, air marshal, ather, brazen attack, bukhari, chairmanship, geo news, gunfight, hussain, kamra, member committee, nuclear arsenal, pakistan air force, punjab province, rafiq, security personnel, tahir, terror attack, thursday morning