Pakistani Navy to induct two Chinese-built frigatesJune 4th, 2009 - 6:19 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 4 (IANS) The Pakistani Navy’s combat capabilities will be greatly enhanced with the induction later this year of two Chinese-built state-of-the art frigates later this year.
“The construction of the first two ships has already been completed and they will be delivered to Pakistan Navy in August and December this year after successful completion of ongoing trials,” a navy statement Thursday said.
“Weapons systems to be installed on first ship have been successfully demonstrated at the optimum performances and ranges,” the statement added.
Construction of the third F-22P type frigate is progressing on schedule at the Hudong Shipyard in Shanghai. This ship was launched May 28 and is currently being fitted out.
Construction of the fourth vessel started at Karachi Shipyard and Engineering Works in March and will be delivered to the Pakistani Navy in April 2013, APP news agency reported.
Equipped with modern weaponry and sensors, each ship can carry an anti-submarine warfare helicopter. The first two of these helicopters have already arrived in Pakistan.
- Russia completes final trials of Indian frigate - Feb 08, 2012
- Indian frigate sails for sea trials in Russia - May 24, 2012
- Pakistan inducts fast attack naval vessel - Apr 23, 2012
- China delivers third F-22P frigate to Pak Navy - Sep 16, 2010
- Pakistan doesn't have hegemonistic designs: Gilani - Feb 08, 2010
- Pakistan Navy receives first Chinese F-22P frigate - Jul 30, 2009
- After nuclear reactor deal, Pak now eyeing joint construction of Chinese submarines - Sep 20, 2010
- Russian-built, BrahMos-fitted frigate set for Indian Navy induction - Dec 16, 2011
- Russia to float out frigate for Indian Navy Nov 27 - Nov 18, 2009
- Second stealth warship joins Russian Navy - Oct 14, 2011
- INS Teg warship inducted into Indian Navy - Apr 27, 2012
- India launches second home-built stealth warship (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- New Russian n-sub completes first sea trials - Oct 06, 2011
- India's new frigate INS Teg to be inducted April 27 - Apr 20, 2012
- Brand new Indian Navy with long legs by 2027: Admiral Verma - Dec 02, 2011
Tags: app news, combat capabilities, engineering works, frigate, frigates, helicopter, helicopters, induction, news agency, pakistan navy, pakistani navy, sensors, shanghai, shipyard, state of the art, submarine warfare, two ships, weaponry, weapons systems