Pakistan rejects international criticism of emergencyNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:33 am ICT by admin
“Musharraf has stated that our friends should show understanding of the ground conditions and the serious challenges that we face in the shape of extremism and terrorism,” a foreign news agency quoted Sadiq, as saying.
Earlier, while briefing foreign envoys, Musharraf refused to specify a timeframe for the general elections and for doffing his uniform.
He said these were important decisions, and he would decide after consulting experts, sources said.
Musharraf briefed the envoys on his phase-wise approach towards restoring democracy. It was Musharraf’s second consecutive briefing to envoys in the last two days.
Musharraf urged the envoys to understand Pakistan’s situation, and reiterated that the judiciary had been creating hurdles in the smooth functioning of the government.
Major General Qureshi said the envoys understood Musharraf’s “reasons” for imposing the emergency. (ANI)
- US wants civilian rule in Pakistan: Patterson - Nov 14, 2007
- 'Musharraf may take time to doff uniform' - Nov 14, 2007
- Chhattisgarh plans liquor ban, shuts 263 shops - Jun 21, 2011
- Verdict against judges who took oath after Musharraf declared emergency reserved - Jan 27, 2011
- Qureshi ponders quitting Pakistan Peoples Party - Oct 14, 2011
- Pak accepts India's five million dollar aid package for flood victims - Aug 20, 2010
- Double murder-accused American has "no complete immunity": Qureshi - Feb 16, 2011
- Musharraf's comment on failed Agra Summit: 'Hidden Hand' says 'Maine Dekha Hai' - Dec 07, 2010
- Pakistan serious about normalising ties with India: Qureshi - Jul 17, 2010
- Qureshi denies issuing protocol directives for Musharraf in London - Aug 07, 2009
- Khar briefs Chinese, Russian counterparts on NATO attack - Nov 28, 2011
- Interior ministry mishandled Davis issue: Qureshi - Feb 24, 2011
- Bhutto case: US journalist becomes witness - Sep 10, 2011
- Musharraf can't claim constitutional immunity in Benazir assassination case: Pak jurists - Feb 16, 2011
- Secret memo exists, says Pakistan Army chief - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: extremism, foreign news, general elections, ground conditions, hurdles, important decisions, internal matter, international criticism, judiciary, mohammad, musharraf, news agency, office spokesman, pakistan, proclamation, qureshi, sadiq, timeframe, understand that many, wise approach