Pakistan protests Afghan attack (Lead)June 25th, 2012 - 6:17 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 25 (IANS) Pakistan Monday protested to Afghanistan a cross-border attack by militants on a checkpost that killed six Pakistani soldiers.
The Pakistani Taliban, which operates from the border regions of Afghanistan, Sunday carried out the attack in Upper Dir district. The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.
In retaliation, 15 militants were killed by security forces, Xinhua reported. Islamabad blames Kabul for not checking the movement of Islamist militants into Pakistan.
- Pakistan protests cross-border attack - Jun 25, 2012
- Two Pakistani soldiers killed in cross-border attack - Aug 09, 2012
- ISAF commander meets Pakistan army chief (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- 13 Pakistani soldiers killed in Afghan attack (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- 25 Pakistani troopers killed in Taliban attack: Army - Aug 27, 2011
- Pakistan deploys troops along Afghan border - Sep 13, 2011
- Pakistan deploys army to stop cross-border attacks - Oct 19, 2011
- 20 killed in Pakistan attack - Jun 09, 2011
- ISAF commander to visit Pakistan Thursday - Aug 02, 2012
- 40 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Jul 28, 2012
- 15 security personnel killed in militant attack on check post in northwest Pakistan - Apr 22, 2011
- Afghanistan to probe NATO airstrike on Pakistan - Nov 28, 2011
- NATO commander meets Pakistan army chief - Sep 10, 2011
- Seven soldiers killed in Pakistan - Mar 10, 2012
- NATO strikes an act of blatant aggression: Pakistan Army - Nov 30, 2011