Pakistan lodges protest against Indian jets’ air space violationDecember 18th, 2008 - 4:58 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Dec 18 (Xinhua) After describing it a “technical mistake”, Pakistan Thursday formally lodged its complaint over the alleged airspace violation last week by two Indian Air Force fighter jets.The Indian deputy high commissioner was summoned to the foreign ministry and a diplomatic note was handed over to him, a statement of the Foreign Office spokesman here said.
The Indian official was conveyed about Pakistan’s concerns over the technical air space violations by the Indian aircraft on Dec 12 and 13, which were against the 1991 agreement between India and Pakistan on Prevention of Air Space Violations, the statement said.
Pakistan Air Force spokesman Hamayun Waqar said that Indian planes violated Pakistan’s airspace last Saturday in Pakistan-controlled Kashmir and over the eastern city of Lahore but were forced by Pakistani fighter jets to retreat.
Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari Sunday said at a news conference that the Indian aircraft had made a “technical mistake” while flying over an altitude of some 50,000 feet.
India has denied any violation of Pakistan’s airspace.
- Islamabad accuses India of violating Pak air space 20 times in 2010 - Dec 11, 2010
- Pakistan scrambled jet to intercept Indian chopper - Oct 24, 2011
- US denies violating Pakistan air space - Dec 22, 2009
- India rejects Pakistan's airspace breach charge (Second Lead - changing dateline) - Dec 18, 2008
- Pakistan gets six more F-16 aircraft - Nov 20, 2010
- Pakistan receives three US F-16 aircraft - Oct 30, 2010
- No airspace violation in eastern India: IAF - Jul 27, 2011
- Defence alert over Pakistan's air space violation (Lead) - Jan 19, 2011
- Pakistani fighter jet crashes - Aug 16, 2011
- India denies Pakistani allegation of airspace violation (Third Lead) - Dec 14, 2008
- India denies violating Pakistani airspace, 'technical intrusion', says Zardari (Fourth Lead) - Dec 14, 2008
- NATO jets, drone violate Pakistan's airspace again - Feb 16, 2011
- Pakistan gets new fighter planes from US - Feb 07, 2012
- Pakistan accuses India of air space violation (Lead) - Dec 14, 2008
- Aircraft violates Air Force One airspace - Aug 18, 2010