Pakistan launches new system to trace criminalsOctober 15th, 2011 - 12:26 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Oct 15 (IANS) Pakistan has developed a monitoring system to help keep record of travellers and track down criminals, Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said.
The Integrated Border Management System (IBMS), currently installed at the Benazir International Airport here, would be extended to other major cities in phases.
Malik said Friday that the IBMS system has been developed by the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA).
“Our data was compromised because Pakistan was using software of other country, but now I am satisfied that the NADRA which was given the task, has developed the IBMS successfully,” he said at the formal launch of the system.
Enumerating the advantages of the IBMS, he said it would identify links between members of criminal organisations.
He said the system will trace, identify and keep record of Pakistanis travelling and living abroad on fake documents.
The Personal Identification, Secure Comparison and Evaluation System (PISCES) given by the US has now been replaced by IBMS, Malik said.
- Pakistan to crack down on illegal arms - Aug 09, 2011
- All on board dead in Pakistan plane crash - Apr 21, 2012
- PHF patron Malik to work for Indo-Pak hockey series resumption - Apr 20, 2011
- Pakistan looks at tackling terror through sports - Oct 18, 2011
- Judicial panel to probe air crash: Gilani - Apr 21, 2012
- 37 mn questionable entries in Pakistan electoral roll - Mar 09, 2011
- Despite ban, Pakistan to issue 7,000 arms licences - Apr 20, 2011
- Pakistan to probe plane crash that killed 127 (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Plane crash victims' kin arrive in Islamabad - Apr 21, 2012
- Osama's Pakistani landlord had fake national ID card - May 02, 2011
- Blast in Karachi - Jun 25, 2011
- Pakistan to provide poll data through SMS - Dec 29, 2011
- Pakistani transvestites get identity cards - Jan 26, 2012
- 'Pakistani plane shouldn't have been allowed to land' (Second Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Pak Govt to issue 7,000 arms licences despite ban - Apr 20, 2011
Tags: benazir, border management, criminal organisations, criminals, evaluation system, fake documents, ibms, interior minister, launch, major cities, monitoring system, nadra, national database, pakistanis, personal identification, pisces, registration authority, rehman malik, travellers, using software