Pakistan inks military MoU with Afghanistan, TurkeyNovember 2nd, 2011 - 12:36 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Nov 2 (IANS) Pakistan, Afghanistan and Turkey have signed a memorandum of understanding in Istanbul for the conduct of exercises and training courses between the militaries of the three countries.
The MoU on conduct of mutual exercises and training courses between the militaries of Pakistan, Turkey and Afghanistan was signed by Pakistan Army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani from Pakistan, General Necdet Ozal from Turkey and General Shah Muhammad Kairimi from Afghanistan, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
The agreement was signed following the conclusion of a trilateral summit hosted by Turkish President Abdullah Gul in Istanbul Tuesday.
India and Afghanistan have already signed an agreement that will allow India to train and equip Afghan security forces
An agreement on currency swap between Pakistan and Turkey was also signed.
A protocol between the three countries on training cooperation was also inked. It was signed by Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik, Turkish Interior Minister Idress Naeem Shaheen and Afghan Interior Minister Bismillah Khan Muhammadi.
- Pakistan to give military training to Afghan army - Nov 04, 2011
- Pakistan to train Afghan Army - Nov 04, 2011
- General Kayani to attend Turkey meet - Nov 01, 2011
- Pakistan, Turkey may ink currency swap agreement - Oct 31, 2011
- Krishna heading to Istanbul for Afghan conference - Oct 31, 2011
- Pakistan to work with neighbours for peace: Zardari - Nov 02, 2011
- With Pakistan watching, India firming up big plans on Afghanistan - Nov 01, 2011
- Pakistan, Turkey decide to cut train travel time - Nov 02, 2011
- Pakistan, Turkey agree to swap currency - Nov 01, 2011
- Turkey, Pakistan, Afghanistan to discuss war on terror - Jun 07, 2010
- 'Company executives should replace foreign soldiers in Afghanistan' - Jun 28, 2012
- Turkish language course flavour at Jamia - Aug 05, 2012
- Resume NATO supplies, Karzai tells Pakistan - Feb 17, 2012
- Turkey sees huge potential in ties with India - Mar 24, 2012
- Pakistan media note Delhi-Kabul strategic links - Oct 05, 2011
Tags: abdullah gul, army chief, ashfaq, bismillah khan, chief general, currency swap, interior minister, islamabad, kayani, memorandum of understanding, militaries, mou, naeem, pakistan army, pakistan general, parvez, rehman malik, shah muhammad, shaheen, turkish president