Pakistan celebrates EidAugust 31st, 2011 - 2:45 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 31 (IANS) Eid-ul-Fitr was celebrated Wednesday across Pakistan with great religious zeal and fervour at the end of the fasting month of Ramadan.
The country began the celebrations after the Central Ruet-i-Hilal Committee announced Tuesday that the Shawwal moon had been sighted, reported Dawn.
Authorities have drawn up stringent security measures.
Eid was celebrated a day earlier in areas bordering Afghanistan.
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Amir Haider Khan Hoti and his cabinet colleagues celebrated Eid in accordance with an announcement by the local unofficial moon sighting committee.
- 10 die in Pakistan suicide bombing - Aug 31, 2011
- Pakistan to celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr Saturday - Sep 10, 2010
- Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr dates forecast in UAE - May 12, 2012
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated on Saturday - Sep 10, 2010
- Ramadan to begin August 11: UAE astronomer - Jun 21, 2010
- UAE moon sighting committee to meet Aug 29 - Aug 23, 2011
- Pakistan celebrates Eid on three days - Aug 19, 2012
- Shia Muslims to celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr on Monday - Sep 20, 2009
- Dikshit greets people on Eid eve - Sep 10, 2010
- Eid celebrated in Delhi - Aug 31, 2011
- Assam celebrates Eid with fervour - Aug 31, 2011
- Hindus join Muslims in celebrating Eid in Odisha - Aug 20, 2012
- Tomorrow is Eid ul-Fitr - Aug 30, 2011
- Lok Sabha speaker greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr - Sep 10, 2010
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated Saturday - Sep 09, 2010
Tags: amir, authorities, cabinet colleagues, celebrations, chief minister, dawn, eid, eid ul fitr, fasting month, haider khan, hoti, khyber, month of ramadan, moon sighting, pakistan, ramadan, religious zeal, ruet, shawwal moon, stringent security measures