Pakistan apex court chief justice to be honouredApril 29th, 2012 - 2:42 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 29 (IANS) Pakistan Supreme Court Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry will receive the prestigious International Jurists Award 2012 at a ceremony in London next month.
Chaudhry is being honoured by the International Council of Jurists (ICJ) for his contribution to the field of judiciary, Geo TV reported Sunday.
British Supreme Court president Lord Phillips will present it to Chaudhry May 28 in the presence of chief justices, members of parliament and journalists, among others.
Meanwhile, addressing a two-day judicial policy meeting in Karachi, Chaudhry said the provision of expeditious and inexpensive justice to all segments of society is the first and foremost priority of the judiciary.
- Pakistan gets acting chief justice - May 28, 2012
- Court suspends Rehman Malik's Senate membership - Jun 04, 2012
- Pakistan's apex court suspends Zardari lawyer - Jan 17, 2012
- Lahore courts dispose of 96,634 cases in five months - Jul 03, 2011
- Pakistan court suspends MP over dual citizenship - May 25, 2012
- Pak needs vibrant, dynamic, independent judiciary: Chief Justice - Apr 25, 2011
- Pakistan Chief Justice urged not to hear son's case - Jun 07, 2012
- Image of independent judiciary necessary for Pakistan, says Pakistan's Chief Justice - Feb 06, 2011
- Pakistani daily lauds chief justice for not sparing son - Jun 08, 2012
- Pakistani apex court suspends Rehman Malik from Senate (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Allegations against CJI aimed to paralyse judiciary: Imran - Jun 14, 2012
- Allegations against Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry aimed to paralyse judiciary: Imran (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- India's Dalveer Bhandari elected as World Court judge (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Judiciary can interfere if institutions cross limits: Pakistan Chief Justice - Sep 15, 2010
- Nov 3, 2007 turning point for Pakistan's judiciary: Chief Justice - Feb 07, 2011
Tags: apex, apex court, april 29, chief justice iftikhar, chief justice iftikhar muhammad chaudhry, chief justices, foremost priority, geo tv, iftikhar muhammad chaudhry, judicial policy, judiciary, jurists, justice iftikhar muhammad chaudhry, lord phillips, members of parliament, muhammad, pakistan supreme court, segments, supreme court chief justice, supreme court president