Pak, UK on high alert for female terrorist who may enter UK from PakJuly 24th, 2008 - 2:08 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore , July 24 (ANI): Following intelligence reports that a female terrorist might enter the UK from Pakistan , security forces in Pakistan and Britain , have been put on high alert and are on the look out for the suspect female terrorist who may even travel to Britain along with her children.
The British authorities had declared red alert at Heathrow Airport on Monday and Tuesday, the sources said, adding that Pakistani security personnel checked a UK-bound flight at Lahore s Allama Iqbal International Airport following the reports.
The security forces also searched passengers on-board the Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight PK-757, the Daily Times quoted the sources as saying.
On the directions of the security agencies, the plane was parked away from the airports building. The security personnel especially searched women who were travelling along with children.
A Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) official at the airport said that the security agencies used sniffing dogs for the identification-and-search operation. (ANI)
- Bomb scare delays Pakistani flight - Sep 10, 2012
- US sidesteps local authorities to conduct own security sweep of Lahore airport - May 25, 2010
- American held for carrying bullets in Lahore - Nov 12, 2010
- Qaeda to target UK-bound flights with undetectable chemical explosives from Pakistan - Apr 23, 2011
- Al Qaeda terrorist banned from flying to Britain - Jan 12, 2012
- 10 injured as plane makes emergency landing in Lahore - Aug 31, 2012
- Plane with 127 on board crashes in Pakistan, no survivors (Night Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Pakistani dies of heart attack on plane - Apr 13, 2012
- Pak passengers warned to get ready for full body screening at local airports - Jan 18, 2010
- Pakistani plane makes emergency landing - May 13, 2011
- UK warns of 26/11style terror attack threats on airports, transport system - Jan 07, 2011
- US man arrested for carrying 30 cartridges on PIA's London-bound flight - Nov 11, 2010
- Pakistani held for aircraft hijack threat - Apr 27, 2012
- 200 Urdu speaking Blackwater officials cleared at Islamabad airport sans security checks - Nov 04, 2009
- Gilani orders plane crash probe, official hints at blunder (Roundup) - Apr 21, 2012
Tags: airports, allama iqbal international airport, british authorities, caa, civil aviation authority, dogs, heathrow airport, intelligence reports, lahore, pakistan international airlines, pia, pk, red alert, search operation, security agencies, security forces, security personnel, terrorist