Pak Taliban planning strike at Karachi airport, key ministriesNovember 25th, 2008 - 2:02 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Nov 25 (ANI): Pakistan intelligence agencies have reportedly come across warnings of a suicide attack by Pakistan Taliban (TTP) at the Karachi airport and several key federal ministries in Islamabad during the last week of November.
After receiving information from intelligence agencies, the countrys Interior Ministry has informed law enforcement agencies that the month of November would be crucial and terrorists had planned to carry out suicide attacks at the Jinnah International Airport Karachi, and also at the offices of various ministries in Islamabad, reported the Daily Times.
However, the modus operandi of the terrorists designs was not disclosed in the intelligence inputs conveyed to the Interior Ministry.
Following the intelligence reports of terror threats, security authorities have directed law enforcement agencies to take immediate action to ensure security at the airport and the ministries offices.
A source privy to the matter said that terrorists had planned to strike in prominent cities of the country in retaliation to the ongoing operation in the Tribal Areas and have dispatched suicide bombers to Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad.
The source added that intelligence agencies had also sent complete details of two would-be suicide bombers recently dispatched by the leader of defunct TTP, after which law enforcement agencies and the intelligence network have been put on high alert. (ANI)
- Perpetrators behind CID building, Shah Ghazi shrine attacks identified: Sources - Dec 05, 2010
- TTP planning terror attacks on Muharram processions through IEDs - Dec 15, 2010
- Jihad, Taliban, floods, and now Operation 'Samosa' sends Pak Interior Ministry in panic - Sep 01, 2010
- Influential Pak politicians helping Taliban carry out terror strikes, claims terror suspect - Nov 17, 2010
- Taliban, Lashkar-e-Jhangvi plan suicide attacks across Pakistan on Eid - Nov 13, 2010
- Al-Qaeda, Pak Taliban planning to abduct Lebanese ambassador: Pak intelligence report - Oct 04, 2010
- Pak links India to Wednesday's Lahore attack despite Taliban acknowledgment - Sep 04, 2010
- 'Nervy' Pak in denial mode over 'threatening' US 'dossier' on timeline against terror - May 27, 2010
- Pak Interior Ministry officials' unawareness of World Cup terror plot raises questions - Mar 26, 2011
- Pak Taliban, other militant outfits behind MQM leader's killing: Malik - Aug 04, 2010
- Pak intelligence agencies fear rise in terrorist strikes - Oct 19, 2009
- Terror strikes feared in Pakistan ahead of Eid - Sep 08, 2010
- Taliban sends three explosive-laden vehicles to target important installations in Punjab - Jul 23, 2009
- Kamra airbase attackers were Pakistanis: Malik - Aug 19, 2012
- 23 terrorists enter Islamabad, Lahore to attack police, buildings: Intelligence report - Oct 24, 2010
Tags: countrys, intelligence network, intelligence reports, interior ministry, islamabad, jinnah international airport, key ministries, lahore, law enforcement agencies, month of november, ongoing operation, pakistan intelligence agencies, privy, retaliation, security authorities, suicide attack, suicide attacks, suicide bombers, tribal areas, ttp