Pak Taliban captures third town in SwatNovember 14th, 2007 - 10:14 am ICT by admin
“They seized Madyan town, they have overrun Matta and Khwazakhela towns in their earlier push,” the Dawn quoted police official, as saying.
According to sources, police gave up their weapons, vehicles and control of local police stations. The militants are continuing their advance, the sources added.
A Swat police official said that helicopter gunships are on their way to target militant positions in the area.
Meanwhile, Taliban leader Maulvi Fazalullah is moving around half of the Swat area like a ruler with full protocol. He has appointed his own ‘governors’ in Tehsil Kabal, Matta and Khawazkhela. (ANI)
- Despite emergency in Pak, Taliban removes national flag from Swat - Nov 14, 2007
- 43 more Taliban killed as Pak forces continue to pound militants in FATA - Jun 23, 2010
- Tension grows in Swat as Taliban goes on looting spree - Apr 28, 2009
- Pak security forces kill seven militants in Swat - Apr 11, 2011
- Pak forces kill six key Taliban commanders in Swat - Apr 27, 2010
- 24 more militants killed in Swat military operation - May 08, 2009
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Pak Army buying land at 'carpet's price' in Swat - Aug 06, 2010
- Five Taliban commanders killed in Pakistan - Oct 28, 2011
- Mehsud, Fazalullah shift their base to North Waziristan - Jun 21, 2009
- Pakistani troops intensify battle against Taliban, kill 10 militants - May 08, 2009
- Pak security forces gun down 16 Taliban in Bajaur - Sep 21, 2008
- 15 suspected Taliban operatives killed in Swat - Nov 25, 2008
- 'Swat Taliban might be setting up base in Karachi' - Jan 09, 2010
- 25 Pakistani troopers killed in Taliban attack: Army - Aug 27, 2011