Pak SC orders cancellation of land allotments to Musharraf, AzizNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:59 am ICT by admin
The directive may affect the ownership of about 2, 500 acres of land worth billions of rupees.
These lands were allotted in the suburbs of Islamabad at throwaway prices to meet the rising demand for vegetables, orchards and poultry in Rawalpindi and Islamabad.
Confirming the cancellation order, CDA Chairman Kamran Lashari said a survey is being launched, and a report would be submitted to the court.
Commenting on the names mentioned in the list, Lashari admitted that it contained the names of many important people, but said he had not read all the names.
The farmhouses reportedly owned by the President and the Prime Minister also fall in a category of farms not being used for the purpose for which they were originally allotted, a top CDA official has claimed.
Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry was apprised that Musharraf and Aziz had purchased two plots measuring 5 acres and 2.5 acres respectively worth millions of rupees, which they were not using for boosting the production of poultry and vegetables, he said.
The CDA informed the court through an official letter No EMA.IN/2007 in the suo moto case No 10 of 2007, the official added.
The name of Justice Javed Iqbal, the son of national poet Allama Iqbal figures in the list.
Director General Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) Major General Asad Nawaz Khan, Brigadier Sajawal Khan, Mohammad Shujaat Azeem, brother of Information Minister Tariq Azim, PPPP leader Naheed Khan and Major General S Ali Hamid are some of the other names that figure in the list. (ANI)
- Musharraf must rear chickens, grow vegetables to escape from land norms violation rap! - Jun 24, 2009
- Musharraf refused certificate for farmhouse - Nov 17, 2011
- Musharraf's palatial farmhouse may be partially demolished - Sep 13, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2011
- Musharraf named as accused in Bhutto's assassination case - Feb 07, 2011
- Danger for Musharraf if proceedings commenced against him in Benazir murder case - Feb 11, 2011
- Musharraf power theft scandal case: Low level workers punished - Sep 17, 2009
- Pakistan court seeks Musharraf for Bugti killing - Nov 01, 2011
- Musharraf knew of plot to kill Benazir, reveals probe - Feb 10, 2011
- Drug scam: Pakistan faces medicine shortage - Apr 20, 2012
- Pakistani court orders confiscation of Musharraf's assets - Aug 28, 2011
- Police officer told to leave venue before attack on Bhutto: Report - Oct 23, 2010
- World Bank announces $900 mn for Pakistan floods - Aug 13, 2010
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf (Lead) - Feb 12, 2011
Tags: allama iqbal, apprised, cancellation, cda, farmhouses, islamabad, javed iqbal, justice, khan mohammad, musharraf, naheed, national poet, nawaz khan, pak sc, poultry, pppp, rupees, s ali, vegetables