Pak SC decision against emergency can’t be trashed: Justice SharifNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:38 am ICT by admin
He supported the apex court decision to set aside the emergency in the country, and added that judges who did not take oath under the PCO were still united and determined to oppose the emergency and that they would never disappoint the masses in this regard.
Justice Sharif said that the government was increasing pressure on them but hoped that they would be firm and would not change their decision.
“We praise the movement started by the masses and lawyers against the government,” he said, adding that they knew that lawyers and the people were with them.
He said that the legal community would not become part of any political party, the Daily Times reported.
Justice Sharif demanded Musharraf to quit according to the Constitution and appoint Senate Chairman Muhammadmian Soomro as the President of the country in addition to lifting the emergency. (ANI)
- Verdict against judges who took oath after Musharraf declared emergency reserved - Jan 27, 2011
- Few Pakistan high court judges denotified - Aug 08, 2011
- Pak Supreme Court directs sitting PCO judges 'not to issue any judicial orders' - Feb 18, 2011
- Musharraf cronies, PPP backing Asma to beat Pak CJ loyalists in SCBA polls - Oct 27, 2010
- Pak SC approached to 'hang' Musharraf for subversion of Constitution - Jan 21, 2011
- Pak Chief Justice to decide if Musharraf should be prosecuted for defying SC order - Feb 03, 2011
- Pak Supreme Court dismisses PCO judges case objections - Dec 13, 2010
- Sharif brothers undecided on assisting Supreme Court in review plea - Mar 27, 2009
- Gilani gets lawyer in contempt case (Evening Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Pak govt. to challenge Supreme Court's verdict over judge's elevation - Feb 14, 2010
- Pakistani chief justice withdraws from emergency era case - Oct 30, 2009
- Gilani to issue fresh notification over judges' appointments - Feb 18, 2010
- Zardari, Chief Justice Chaudhry on collision course over elevation of LHC judge - Feb 14, 2010
- 'Delay in justice triggers lawlessness' - Jan 23, 2010
- Judiciary to strengthen Pak democratic system: Chief Justice - Feb 18, 2010