Pak parliamentarians get 100 condoms each as Eid gift!November 14th, 2007 - 1:57 am ICT by admin
“Yes, the condom packs have been distributed among the male parliamentarians. Each MP has been gifted a pack of condoms containing 100 condoms,” the Daily Times quoted a ministry official as saying.
However, some opposition MNAs have taken the distribution of condoms as an insult. They have decided to take up the matter with National Assembly Speaker Chaudhry Amir Hussain.
“I will take up the issue with the speaker and move a privilege motion if need be. We are all educated people and know the benefits of contraceptives, but this move is meant to humiliate the MPs,” said a PPP MNA.
He went on to say that such “stupid acts” were perhaps the government’s way of showing the world its “moderate face”. (ANI)
- Pak Election Commission doubtful about degrees of 298 lawmakers - Jan 12, 2011
- Female condom yet to gain acceptability - Sep 11, 2012
- Female condom fails to gain popularity - Jul 03, 2012
- Campaign launched for shy condom buyers - Jul 11, 2011
- Eyeing small town India, subsidised condom set to be trendier - Jun 25, 2012
- Value of Pakistan MNAs' assets trebled in six years, says analysis - Sep 15, 2010
- Uganda faces condom shortage as demand soars - Feb 15, 2012
- Brazil to distribute 20 mn female condoms - Mar 21, 2012
- Shanghai sets up 3,600 condom outlets for migrants to promote 'safe sex' - Sep 04, 2010
- Pope says condom use acceptable 'in certain cases' - Nov 21, 2010
- Gilani forces Sherry Rehman to withdraw Pak blasphemy law amendment bill - Feb 03, 2011
- Disseminating birth control information: Azad - Nov 14, 2010
- How about fried onions spiced up with a used condom for dinner? - Nov 06, 2010
- Now, family planning counsellors at district hospitals - Jun 08, 2012
- More role for women in population policy: Experts - Jul 10, 2012
Tags: amir hussain, assembly speaker, condom packs, condoms, contraceptives, eid gift, humiliate, insult, lawmaker, ministry official, mna, moderate face, mp, mps, national assembly, population control, ppp, privilege, stupid acts