Pak man jailed for three months in UAE on drink-driving chargeApril 19th, 2011 - 3:04 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai, Apr 19 (ANI): A Pakistani shepherd, who milks cows in the UAE, has been jailed for three months for driving under the influence of alcohol.
The Traffic Misdemeanors Court jailed the 26-year-old shepherd and revoked his driving license for a year after a breathalyzer test revealed 339 milligrams per deciliter of alcohol in his body.
According to Gulf News, a police patrol busted the shepherd while he was driving his vehicle to Nad Al Sheba, a locality near Dubai.
When stopped by the police, the defendant said he milked cows and that he had obtained his driving license from Dubai.
When he appeared before Presiding Judge Mohammad Al Batal, he pleaded guilty and requested leniency. (ANI)
- Six Pakistanis get life terms for killing Indian guard in Dubai - Feb 08, 2011
- UAE to make camel milk ice-cream - Mar 19, 2012
- David Cassidy: To Challenge His DUI Arrest – Released On Bond - Nov 06, 2010
- Man dressed as breathalyzer for Halloween arrested for DUI - Nov 07, 2010
- UAE to export camel milk to Europe - Jul 04, 2010
- The biggest fireball I ever saw: Dubai crash witness - Sep 04, 2010
- Rachel Oberlin sentenced - May 06, 2011
- New law sobers up drunk drivers in China - May 23, 2012
- Chris Klein Arrested For DUI - Jun 19, 2010
- NY Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards arrested for drunken driving - Sep 21, 2010
- Indian kindergartener, 4, raped in Dubai may have been drugged - Jan 30, 2011
- Drunk Dutchman fills pants, not jerrycan with fuel - Jul 29, 2010
- Rapper DMX's prison release delayed - Jul 13, 2011
- Painter Thomas Kinkade Arrested on DUI Suspicion - Jun 15, 2010
- "American Pie" Star Chris Klein Arrested For Driving Under Influence - Jun 17, 2010
Tags: breathalyzer test, cows, deciliter, defendant, driving under the influence, driving under the influence of alcohol, gulf news, leniency, locality, milligrams, misdemeanors, mohammad, pak man, police patrol, presiding judge, three months, traffic, uae