Pak intelligence agencies make, promote and kill leaders: BenazirNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:09 am ICT by admin
Answering a question, she said that Investigation Bureau (IB) is responsible for internal intelligence and maintaining law and order therefore blasts in her homecoming rally on October 18 was the failure of the government and IB too.
Bhutto said that she would address a public meeting in Rawalpindi next month despite a suicide attack on Tuesday.
‘I will go to Rawalpindi despite the bomb blast that occurred there on Tuesday and will hold the public meeting’, she told reporters.
However, Bhutto said that she has decided not to lead a procession in Rawalpindi because of growing security concerns.
She said that the supporters wanted her to lead a mass rally in Rawalpindi. But, blasts in Rawalpindi made her rethink her strategy.
“We don’t want to risk the lives of the people, therefore, we shall hold public meeting instead of a rally,” she said.
She said that those who criticised her and the PPP should be asked to explain their position about the National Reconciliation Ordinance because the government and Presidency had approved that Ordinance.
Any move against the national reconciliation process was a conspiracy to destroy democracy in Pakistan, The Nation quoted Benazir, as saying.
Recalling the October 18 carnage, she told reporters that she has learnt that first blast occurred in a white Alto car, but PPP’s volunteers couldn’t pay attention because streetlights were switched-off.
Meanwhile, Canadian High Commissioner David Collianes met Bhutto at Bilawal House and expressed his condolence over the October 18 carnage. (ANI)
- Pakistan remembers Benazir Bhutto - Dec 27, 2011
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Benazir Bhutto's assassins arrested: Malik (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- PPP to observe Benazir's 58th birthday Tuesday - Jun 20, 2011
- Musharraf and his men behind Bhutto killing: Pakistani scribe - Feb 17, 2011
- Benazir Bhutto murder: Musharraf sent questionnaire (Lead) - Dec 24, 2010
- Musharraf sent questionnaire on Benazir Bhutto murder - Dec 24, 2010
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- Benazir' assassination probe report will be made public: Gilani - Dec 27, 2010
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
- Bhutto case: US journalist becomes witness - Sep 10, 2011
- Anti-Terrorism Court issues arrest warrant for Musharraf in Benazir murder case - Feb 12, 2011
- Benazir killing probe almost complete: Gilani - Dec 28, 2011
Tags: benazir, bhutto, blasts, bomb blast, canadian high commissioner, carnage, ghazi, homecoming rally, intelligence agencies, investigation bureau, mass rally, maulana, national reconciliation, ppp, rawalpindi, reporters, she said she said, streetlights, suicide attack, t pay