Pak IB chief; an old foe of Benazir, is that the reason for pointing a finger at him?November 14th, 2007 - 2:34 am ICT by admin
“Shah had old links with Islamic radicals. He was the person who managed the surrender of Omer Sheikh in 2002, a suspect in the killing of American journalist Daniel Pearl,” Benazir’s husband Asif Ali Zardari told Hamid Mir of The News.
Zardari further claimed that people like Shah have encouraged Islamic radicals to attack Benazir.
According to PPP sources, Shah is also responsible for the creation of the Pakistan Muslim League-Q (PML-Q) in Punjab and was a key figure in breaking away over 20 National Assembly members from the PPP after the 2002 election. People like Abida Hussain who left the PML-Q to join the PPP, are also convincing Benazir not to trust Shah.
The PPP is trying to pressurise Musharraf by targeting people like Ejaz Shah and Pervaiz Elahi.
Forty years ago Zulfikar Ali Bhutto wrote a book “The Great Tragedy” just six months before the disintegration of Pakistan. He started his book by saying that “Pakistan is passing through a terrible ordeal. This country, born in pain, is experiencing its gravest crisis. The nightmare of Pakistanis killing Pakistanis is not yet over. Blood is still being spilled. The situation has become greatly complicated by the aggressive involvement of India”.
And now, his daughter is blaming not India, but some Pakistanis for the great tragedy in Karachi. The nightmare of Pakistanis killing Pakistanis continues. (ANI)
- Benazir's 'assassin' being made Pakistan's Deputy PM: Qureshi - May 01, 2011
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP candidate for PM's post (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Ready to give up presidency: Zardari - Jan 11, 2012
- Meeting between Zardari, Nawaz expected soon: Raja Riaz - Nov 25, 2010
- President enjoys immunity, Pakistan PM tells apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- Five in race for Pakistan PM's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- Angelina's donation for floods surpasses Zardari's help - Aug 25, 2010
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Benazir Bhutto posthumously honoured at Tehran conference - Jun 26, 2011
- Raja Pervez Ashraf elected Pakistan's 25th PM (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- Zardari hails Bhutto, recalls Simla pact - Jan 05, 2012