Pak housewives upset with ban of entertainment channelsNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:38 am ICT by admin
Condemning the ban Saleema Aman said television was the only source of entertainment for housewives.
“They (authorities) should not block the channels in any case, and if they found it necessary, then the entertainment channels should at least be reopened,” she said.
Asma Pervaiz said she used to watch a morning show regularly, but this right had been snatched from her.
“It is very convenient to watch morning shows. We have some time to relax after sending our children to school,” Pervaiz said.
Ayesha Anwar, a student, said that it was just foolish to block TV channels as the access to information was the right of every citizen.
“How could they deprive us of our right in this age of information and technology when media is considered to be the fourth pillar of democracy?” she questioned.
Hayat Khan said the obstacles placed in the transmission of information is against the government’s own slogans regarding freedom of expression.
“We are so addicted to round the clock news bulletins that the imposition of the ban on the channels is maddening us,” she said. (ANI)
- MPs' panel wants no anti-Pakistan words on private channels - Jan 27, 2012
- No licence to any Indian channel: Pakistani minister - Aug 02, 2011
- Pak Election Commission doubtful about degrees of 298 lawmakers - Jan 12, 2011
- Dowry death: Victim's brothers-in-law get anticipatory bail - Jun 22, 2012
- Pakistan blocks BBC - Nov 30, 2011
- Dowry death: Victim's mother-in-law told to surrender - Jun 20, 2012
- Pakistan's bar association elects its first woman chief - Oct 28, 2010
- Ayesha's family shows 'proof' of marriage with Shoaib (Lead) - Apr 03, 2010
- Danielle Staub Fired From "The Real Housewives Of New Jersey"? - Aug 17, 2010
- Rs.200 mn endowment fund for Pakistani journalists - Aug 11, 2011
- Pak Punjab Assembly boots out ban on 'corrupting' Indian TV cartoon channels proposal - Oct 20, 2010
- Don't block websites: Pakistani daily - Sep 21, 2011
- Gilani heading 45-member delegation for India 'cricket diplomacy' visit - Mar 30, 2011
- Rains to lash Pakistan from Tuesday - Jun 24, 2012
- Assad's wife not in Russia: Syrian envoy - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: age of information, anwar, asma, ayesha, clock news, entertainment channels, freedom of expression, hayat khan, housewives, imposition, information and technology, international channels, islamabad, morning show, news bulletins, pillar, rawalpindi, slogans, time to relax, tv channels