Pak Govt bound to protect Benazir: Sindh HCNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:06 am ICT by admin
The security cover should be extended to the entire route of the PPP procession, starting from the airport to its eventual destination.
Special measures were required in view of the reported threat to Bhutto from certain quarters, they added.
Advocates Shafqat Shah Masoomi and Ghulam Mustafa Lakho had earlier submitted that Bhutto’s safety and security is particularly threatened by al Qaeda and the Taliban.
Earlier, the Pakistan Government announced that Bhutto will get extra security on her homecoming on October 18, and she can import a special bullet-proof car.
“We will provide her security, and we expect her representatives to discuss the arrangements with the Interior Ministry authorities,” Interior Minister Aftab Sherpao said.
This move comes following a fresh security threat issued by a pro-Taliban insurgent leader Baitullah Mehsud to target Bhutto, the Dawn reported. (ANI)
- Zardari said Mehsud not behind Benazir's killing: WikiLeaks - Dec 04, 2010
- Benazir Bhutto was killed by the Taliban: report - Nov 16, 2010
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
- Musharraf knew of plot to kill Benazir, reveals probe - Feb 10, 2011
- Musharraf's supporters in global protests against arrest warrant in Benazir murder case - Feb 18, 2011
- Malik should've told Benazir not to look out, says top cop - Dec 30, 2010
- Musharraf charged with providing Baitullah with 'opportunity to murder Benazir' - Feb 12, 2011
- Pakistani politician survives suicide attack (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Taliban responsible for Benazir's killing, says probe (Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- Taliban killed Benazir Bhutto: Probe - Oct 26, 2010
- We must stop treating Afghanistan as 'our province' for peace: Ex-Pak Minister - Jul 14, 2010
- UN blames Musharraf regime for Bhutto killing (Roundup) - Apr 16, 2010
- Pak National Assembly wants APC on 'sovereignty infringing' drone attacks in country - Dec 29, 2010
- 'Taliban might regroup in Malakand if Pak launches offensive in Waziristan' - Jun 16, 2009
- Non-bailable warrant for Musharraf in Bugti assassination case - Aug 16, 2012
Tags: aftab, benazir, bhutto, bullet proof car, division bench, duty bound, eventual destination, extra security, ghulam mustafa, insurgent leader, interior minister, maqbool, pak govt, pakistan government, reported threat, security threat, shafqat shah, sindh, taliban, target