Pak Foreign Ministry contradicts Aziz’s statement on Sharif’s deportationNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:58 am ICT by admin
In another interesting twist, while the top Foreign Ministry mandarins denied that they were aware of the destination of the same aircraft or had passed on any direction to PIA in this regard.
The PIA chairman’s affidavit said that the airline did receive verbal instructions from the ministry to make arrangements for a possible flight to Jeddah.
The apex court is presently hearing the contempt of court case and the next date of hearing is October 30. A seven-member bench headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry is hearing the case.
Earlier, Aziz, Chief Minister of Punjab Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi and heads of all other agencies involved in the forced deportation of Nawaz Sharif on September 10 have pleaded innocent in the apex court.
Aziz said that he had no part in any alleged conspiracy to flout the court order.
What emerges from these high-level responses is that none of the agencies or authorities is ready to accept the responsibility and most say some “unidentified characters” whisked Sharif away.
In replies submitted to the Court in the contempt case, Aziz prayed that his name might be struck off from the list of contemnors while Elahi also denied involvement and asked for the dismissal of the petition. (ANI)
- President enjoys immunity, Pakistan PM tells apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- Islamabad to have export processing zone - Jul 07, 2012
- Not aware of chief justice's son's case: Rehman Malik (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Nawaz, Shahbaz Sharif defaulters in nine Pakistani banks - May 17, 2010
- Gilani hurt his own dignity: Sharif - Jun 20, 2012
- Convicted Gilani must quit, says opposition - Apr 26, 2012
- No need for Gilani to quit, says Pakistani cabinet - Apr 26, 2012
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- Pakistan court to hear Gilani contempt appeal - May 01, 2012
- Gilani stands disqualified as PM, rules Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Gilani stands disqualified as PM, rules Supreme Court (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- PML-N, PML-Q play blame-game on SBP bank loan scandal - Dec 07, 2009
- PML-Q to get Deputy PM post, several ministries on joining PPP-led Pak Govt: Report - Apr 30, 2011
- PM Gilani has committed contempt, rules court (Third Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- Gilani contempt: Court summons top official - Feb 28, 2012
Tags: apex court, contempt case, contempt of court, deportation, flout, foreign ministry, islamabad airport, level responses, mandarins, mohammad khan, nawaz sharif, nazir hussain, pia, riaz, verbal instructions