Pak embassy in Cairo to wait a bit ‘before going for the last straw’ to evacuate citizensFebruary 2nd, 2011 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
Cairo, Feb 2(ANI): Pakistan’s Ambassador to Egypt, Seema Naqvi, has said that they would wait for another two to three days before evacuating the Pakistan nationals living in the crisis-hit country.
According to reports, around 800 Pakistan nationals have registered themselves with the embassy in Cairo for immediate evacuation.
However, Naqvi insists that the situation has not aggravated to such an extent that the Pakistanis should be evacuated.
“There is a possibility that the situation will be clear in the coming days,” the Nation quoted Naqvi, as saying.
“There has to be a procedure, which involves money and infrastructure, and it has to be approved by the authorities concerned. I believe the situation is not that bad to act out of wits,” she added.
The envoy further said that the evacuation plan would be carried out when required.
“We have seen the last two to three days of tense situation, but all Pakistanis are safe, and there is no immediate emergency as such,” the ambassador said.
“Preparations have been finalised, and there is no need to panic. We will see for two to three days before going for the last straw,” she added. (ANI)
- No need to evacuate Pak nationals from Egypt as situation 'almost normal': Envoy - Feb 08, 2011
- Pak envoy to Egypt's 'charge for flight' stand nixing evacuation of citizens from Cairo - Feb 04, 2011
- Pakistan nationals in Egypt are safe: Basit - Jan 30, 2011
- 300 Indians returning from Egypt Monday (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Norway fall-out: Indian envoys asked to help NRIs in distress - Mar 03, 2012
- India planning to evacuate its nationals from Libya - Feb 23, 2011
- Egypt situation being monitored: Pakistan - Jan 31, 2011
- Egypt woos the Indian traveller (With Images) - Feb 11, 2012
- Cairo calling: Krishna to head to post-revolution Egypt - Feb 27, 2012
- Hillary Clinton holds discussions with Egyptian military chief - Jul 15, 2012
- 73 killed, 1,000 hurt in Egypt football stadium violence (Second Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Evacuation of Indians from Libya going smooth: Krishna - Mar 01, 2011
- Krishna goes to Singapore for people-centric diplomacy - Mar 07, 2012
- Two more flights bring back 600 Indians from Libya - Mar 01, 2011
- Another batch of Indians arrive from Libya - Mar 02, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,