Pak Chief Justice rules out full-court hearing of Musharraf petitionsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:26 am ICT by admin
“This is a historic burden and the entire court should share it,” the Daily Times quoted Hamid Khan, an attorney for Justice (retired) Wajeehuddin Ahmed, as saying.
But on Wednesday, Chief Justice Chaudhry instructed the 11-member bench to continue with the case from October 18.
Chaudhry said that Justices Falak Sher and Mian Shakirullah Jan shouldn’t be on the bench because they had already expressed their opinions on the merits of the case.
He further said that “judicial propriety” demanded that he himself should not sit on the bench.
Justice Rana Bhagwandas was on leave abroad; Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk was about to go abroad, while Justice Saiyed Saeed Ashhad was on medical leave, the daily reported.
Meanwhile, Justice (retired) Ahmed has asked the apex court to initiate contempt of court proceedings against Chief Election Commissioner (retired) Qazi Muhammad Farooq.
Justice (retired) Ahmed has alleged that Farooq had announced the unofficial results of the elections, despite instructions from the court not to notify the results till the petitions challenging Musharraf’s eligibility were decided. (ANI)
- Pakistan gets acting chief justice - May 28, 2012
- Lahore High Court postpones hearing of petition against Musharraf - Nov 02, 2010
- Lahore HC reserves verdict in plea challenging Zardari's pardon to Malik - Apr 29, 2011
- Pak SC judge writes dissenting note in Mukhtaran Mai gangrape case - Apr 22, 2011
- Gilani reaches Supreme Court - Apr 26, 2012
- Gilani's seven minutes before apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- Lahore courts dispose of 96,634 cases in five months - Jul 03, 2011
- PM Gilani has committed contempt, rules court (Third Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- Pakistan PM has committed contempt, says court (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Gilani gets lawyer in contempt case (Evening Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Standoff between Pakistan government and apex court - Feb 14, 2010
- Gilani contempt verdict to be announced April 26 - Apr 24, 2012
- Zardari has immunity: Pakistani PM's lawyer - Jan 18, 2012
- Pakistan attorney general turns abusive in Supreme Court - Jun 15, 2012
- Pakistan court suspends MP over dual citizenship - May 25, 2012
Tags: ahmed, apex court, chief election commissioner, chief justice, contempt of court, court bench, falak, farooq, hamid khan, javed iqbal, justice rules, mian, musharraf, nasir, petitions, sc judges, unofficial results