PAF gets early warning airborne systemApril 4th, 2008 - 6:34 pm ICT by admin
Islamabad, Apr 4 (ANI): The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has achieved a landmark in the development of its Airborne Early Warning and Capability (AEWC) Programme with the unveiling of its first Saab 2000 AEWC aircraft at the Saab facility in Sweden.
Speaking at the ceremony, Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood said, “The acquisition of the airborne early warning capability by the PAF will enhance its defensive capability and is an essential part of its modernisation efforts.”
The acquisition of Saab 2000 has been termed as a milestone in boosting Pakistans Air force aerial surveillance capacity.
According to PAF spokesman, inclusion of Saab 2000 is vital for meeting Pakistans security requirements and a big milestone in modernizing PAF fleet.
Pakistan had signed a contract with Saab for the AWACS in June 2006 and the aircraft has been developed in Sweden to meet PAF’s requirements.
The aircraft is equipped with electronic surveillance support systems for intelligence gathering and a full set of defensive aids. (ANI)
- PAF inducts first AWACS into its fleet - Dec 09, 2009
- Pakistan Air Force acquires second eye-in-the-sky - Apr 25, 2010
- PAF inducts second Saab-2009 surveillance aircraft in its fleet - Dec 29, 2009
- India's first advanced radar system to roll out end-2011 - Nov 09, 2010
- Pak to get 8 F-16's by June 2010 : PAF chief - Jan 03, 2010
- Embraer rolls out plane for India's airborne radar - Feb 22, 2011
- Indian air chief in Brazil to deepen defence ties - Aug 21, 2012
- IAF to soon decide on bidder for Mirage upgrade - Jun 15, 2011
- Kayani lauds Pak Air Force role in counterterrorism operations - Mar 11, 2011
- Pak military must make public defence deals to guarantee legitimacy: Editorial - Jan 01, 2010
- Embraer jet for Indian airborne radar flight tested - Dec 07, 2011
- India to integrate indigenous airborne radar in July - Apr 16, 2011
- Russia to develop new AWACS plane - Aug 09, 2011
- Embraer-based airborne warning system reaches India - Aug 23, 2012
- India successfully tests second indigenous airborne radar flight (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: acquisition, aerial surveillance, air chief marshal, airborne system, awacs, defensive capability, electronic surveillance, fleet, intelligence gathering, landmark, mahmood, milestone, pakistan air force, saab, saab 2000, security requirements, spokesman, surveillance capacity, tanvir, unveiling