Paes, Dlouhy in French Open doubles second roundMay 28th, 2009 - 3:57 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, May 28 (IANS) India’s Leander Paes and Czech Lukas Dlouhy advanced to the doubles second round of French Open tennis with a 6-1, 6-3 win over France’s Sebastien De Chaunac and Benoit Paire at Roland Garros here.
Third-seeded Paes and Dlouhy outplayed their opponent in the first set, closing it out in just 20 minutes with three break of serves. They wasted three break points in the second set, while converting one to wrap it up in 30 minutes late Wednesday.
The Indo-Czech pair next play American James Cerretani and Sergiy Stakhovsky of Ukraine, who defeated Nicolas Almagro and Ivan Navarro of Spain 6-2, 4-6, 6-2.
- Paes-Stepanek shock Bryan brothers; lift Australian Open men's doubles title (Lead) - Jan 28, 2012
- French Open: Paes-Dlouhy storm into doubles semis - Jun 01, 2010
- French Open: Paes loses in doubles final (Lead) - Jun 06, 2010
- Bhupathi, Bopanna reach Wimbledon doubles third round - Jun 26, 2010
- Wimbledon: Paes-Bhupathi, Somdev and Sania advance in doubles - Jun 25, 2011
- Paes-Stepanek in finals, Mahesh-Bhupathi out - Mar 30, 2012
- French Open: Paes on course for his 12th Grand Slam - Jun 03, 2010
- Rome Masters: Paes-Dlouhy advance, Bhupathi-Mirnyi crash out - Apr 30, 2010
- Wimbledon: Paes-Bhupathi crash out in second round - Jun 25, 2011
- French Open: Sania-Bhupathi in final, Paes-Vesnina knocked out (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Australian Open: Paes, Sania advance, Bhupathi crashes out - Jan 21, 2010
- Bhupathi-Bopanna toil; Paes-Stepanek cruise into second round - Jan 18, 2012
- French Open: Paes-Black in mixed doubles quarters - May 31, 2010
- Paes-Stepanek crash out of Monaco Masters - Apr 21, 2012
- French Open: Paes, Bhupathi in mixed doubles second round - May 26, 2011
Tags: 30 minutes, benoit, break points, czech, french open, french open doubles, french open tennis, India, indo, ivan, leander paes, lukas dlouhy, navarro, nicolas almagro, opponent, paire, roland, sebastien de chaunac, spain, ukraine