Paes-Black out of French Open mixed doublesMay 31st, 2009 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, May 31 (IANS) India’s Leander Paes and Zimbabwean Cara Black crashed out of the French Open tennis’ mixed doubles second round, losing 0-6, 6-1, 6-10 to Austrian Sybille Bammer and Lukasz Kubot of Poland.
The second-seeded Indo-Zimbabwean pair and the US Open champions made a strong comeback to make it set-all but could hit only 5 winners in the super-tiebreak to go down in little over an hour here Saturday.
The Indian pair of Sania Mirza and Mahesh Bhupathi had already bowed out. The Australian Open mixed doubles champions lost to French Nathalie Dechy and Israel’s Andy Ram 1-6, 5-7 in the first round.
- Paes-Black in second round of French Open - May 29, 2009
- French Open: Paes-Black in mixed doubles quarters - May 31, 2010
- Bhupathi-Bopanna in Cincinnati tennis quarters - Aug 17, 2012
- Paes-Stepanek beat Marrero-Verdasco, meet Bryan brothers in semis - Mar 29, 2012
- Bhupathi-Bopanna shocked in French Open first round - May 31, 2012
- Paes in mixed quarters, beaten in men's doubles (Roundup) - Jun 03, 2012
- Paes wins Wimbledon mixed doubles for 12th Grand Slam (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Paes-Vesnina, Bhupathi-Sania in mixed doubles 2nd round - May 31, 2012
- Bopanna-Qureshi, Paes-Black in US Open quarter-finals - Sep 06, 2010
- Paes advance in doubles, mixed doubles - Jan 25, 2010
- Wimbledon: Bhupathi in mixed doubles semifinal; Sania, Paes lose - Jul 02, 2011
- Bhupathi's US Open campaign ends - Sep 05, 2010
- US Open: Paes, Sania advance to quarterfinals - Sep 03, 2012
- Bopanna, Qureshi enter Paris semi-finals - Nov 12, 2011
- Australian Open: Sania, Paes move on, Somdev-Prakash out - Jan 22, 2010
Tags: andy ram, australian open, australian open mixed doubles, black out, cara black, french open, french open mixed doubles, french open tennis, indian pair, indo, leander paes, lukasz kubot, mahesh bhupathi, nathalie dechy, open champions, sania mirza, sybille bammer, tennis mixed doubles, tiebreak, zimbabwean