Paedophile schoolteacher films himself abusing girlsJune 11th, 2011 - 8:21 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 11 (IANS) A primary schoolteacher in Britain has been accused of filming himself with girls as young as 13 while sexually abusing them.
Nigel Leat, 51, filmed scenes of abuse against five selected girls over five years at Hillside First School in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset county, Daily Mail reported Saturday.
His victims’ families listened in utter disbelief as they heard details of his offences in court Friday.
Some parents were in tears at the Bristol Crown Court as they listened to how the teacher would molest girls.
The girls were abused in the school’s staff room and a resource room. He would film himself touching them inappropriately and also wrote letters to them, asking them to perform sex acts on him.
The father of two, who initially denied all the claims made against him, confessed to his crimes after police recovered around 30,500 indecent photographs and 720 indecent movies in his possession on a computer and memory stick.
Simon Morgan, prosecuting, told the court: “It is clear that these children had become well-versed in doing what was expected of them.
“These were a myriad offences over several years against exceptionally young children.”
The court heard that he picked out children to receive special attention from him, including help when they struggled with reading.
He would place a camera under his desk and call them up, recording as he sexually abused them.
He was eventually arrested after one of his young victims, to whom he gave gifts, admitted to her mother what Leat had done to her and the police became involved.
Leat of Bristol has admitted 36 sex offences, including attempted rape of a child and sexual assault on children.
Judge Ford adjourned the hearing until next Tuesday when he is expected to pass sentence upon Leat.
- British school teacher jailed for sexually abusing girls - Jun 14, 2011
- BBC presenter admits sex assaults on teenaged girls - Jan 14, 2012
- Taxi driver, wife filmed teenagers' abuse - Oct 24, 2010
- Jobcentre staff in UK probed after calling homosexual couple 'gay boys' - Dec 30, 2010
- British women jailed for falsely accusing man of rape - Aug 27, 2011
- Sex predator admits impregnating victims - Aug 16, 2010
- School mistress says she gave sex education to abused boys - Dec 02, 2010
- Brit woman found guilty of abusing 5-month-old baby while beau took pics - Oct 19, 2010
- Brit-Indian honeymooner thrown out of London clinic after hurling plate at patient's door - Apr 13, 2011
- British couple 'sold' kids for money - Aug 18, 2010
- 11 Asian men face sexual abuse charges in Britain - Feb 22, 2012
- Weston Cage booked for domestic abuse - Jul 05, 2011
- Briton jailed 30 years after abusing kids - Mar 28, 2012
- Woman jailed for filming kids undress for lover - May 01, 2012
- Paedophile held for soliciting sex - Nov 27, 2011
Tags: crimes, crown court, daily mail, hillside, indecent photographs, judge ford, leat, memory stick, possession, rape, resource room, schoolteacher, sex acts, sex offences, sexual assault, simon morgan, somerset county, staff room, utter disbelief, weston super mare