Pact signed to sponsor 5,000 Indonesian orphansOctober 22nd, 2011 - 12:37 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Oct 21 (IANS/WAM) The UAE Red Crescent Authority (RCA) has signed an agreement with the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to jointly sponsor 5,000 Indonesian children orphaned by various tsunamis that have hit the island chain.
The pact was signed by Mohammed Khalifa Al Qamzi, Secretary General of RCA and Ambassador Atta Al Manan Behkit, Assistant Secretary General of OIC for Humanitarian Affairs.
Al Qamzi said the RCA will join programme of OIC partners to sponsor the victims of tsunami, indicating that the two sides also discussed setting up of a partnership to provide drinking water to the victims of drought in the Horn of Africa.
- UAE builds hospital in Somalia - Nov 09, 2011
- UAE team in Pakistan to vaccinate over 2 mn kids - Feb 21, 2011
- $8.9 mn raised for famine victims in Horn of Africa - Aug 20, 2011
- Albania praises UAE for humanitarian efforts - Dec 16, 2010
- UAE delivers aid for Libyan schools - Sep 02, 2012
- UAE begins new humanitarian mission in Pakistan - Apr 17, 2011
- UAE signs civil aviation pact with Bahrain - Jan 23, 2012
- UAE's RCA distributes sacrificial animals in Syria - Nov 07, 2011
- UAE, Unicef combine for Pakistan health campaign - Sep 23, 2010
- UAE attorney general hails amnesty for 554 prisoners - Nov 28, 2011
- Dubai charity donates $4 mn for Pakistani flood victims - Sep 06, 2010
- UAE to launch campaign for Horn of Africa's drought-hit - Aug 17, 2011
- UAE sends relief material for displaced Libyans - May 21, 2011
- UAE charity, Oxfam to help displaced Pakistanis - Nov 30, 2010
- UAE team continues Pakistan relief work - Sep 30, 2011
Tags: abu dhabi, ambassador, assistant secretary general, atta, drinking water, drought, horn of africa, humanitarian affairs, indonesian children, khalifa, manan, mohammed, orphans, pact, rca, red crescent, tsunamis, uae, victims of tsunami, vm